|Written by||Hisashi Eguchi|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump|
|Original run||1981 – 1983|
|Anime television series|
|Original run||May 20, 1983 – January 27, 1984|
Stop!! Hibari-kun! (ストップ!! ひばりくん! Sutoppu!! Hibarikun! ) is a manga series written and illustrated by Hisashi Eguchi. It ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1981 to 1983. The publisher has released all four volumes in tankōbon (bound volume) format. In 1983, Toei Animation created an anime adaptation which ran on Fuji Television from 1983 to 1984. While the anime has not been released in the U.S., the manga is translated in English on the Facebook pay-service, Comic Friends. However, Comic Friends recently announced it will no longer be doing business in America. 
A boy named Kohsaku Sakamoto's mother has just died, and in her will she requests that Kohsaku go and live with her friend Ibari Ohzora, who is a yakuza. He meets Ibari's four beautiful daughters, but the prettiest (Hibari) happens to be a boy. Hibari falls in love with Kohsaku, but Kohsaku is more interested in Hibari's friend, Rie.
- Kousaku Sakamoto Voiced by: Tōru Furuya
- Kousaku is the protagonist of the series. He's a pure hearted boy from Kyushu, but is weak when it comes to girls. He constantly has to remind himself that Hibari isn't one.
- Hibari Oozora Voiced by: Satomi Majima
- A boy with the looks of a beautiful girl, Hibari is Oozora's eldest son. Having both beauty and wit, he lives life as a girl, the idol of his school.
- Ibari Oozora Voiced by: Jōji Yanami
- The father of Hibari and the head of the Oozora Group. He expects Hibari to take over the group, and worries about the group's future with Hibari's eccentric ways. He was in love with Kousaku's mother. He is "haunted" by the White Crocodile curse.
- Tsugumi Oozora Voiced by: Fumi Hirano
- The eldest daughter, Tsugumi is a motherly figure to her family. She is a novice illustrator.
- Tsubame Oozora Voiced by: Kyōko Irokawa
- The second daughter, Tsubame is two years older than Hibari. With the exception of hairstyle, she is almost identical to Hibari. Hibari's effeminate behavior distresses her to no end and she wishes Hibari would be more masculine (chiefly because she fears that the family would be executed for harboring a 'weirdo' if it were discovered that Hibari is really a boy). She often pretends to be Hibari to get him by health inspections and the like.
- Suzume Oozora Voiced by: Tomiko Suzuki
- The third daughter, Suzume is an elementary school student. She bursts into tears at the sight of flounder-faced man.
- Sabu Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
- A young man of the Oozora group. He is in love with Tsugumi.
- Seiji Voiced by: Toku Nishio
- A member of Oozora with a scary face, but a faint heart. He scares Kousaku awake in the mornings.
- Shiina Voiced by: Katsuji Mori
- Kousaku and Hibari's classmate who likes Hibari (of course, he doesn't know that she's a man). At first, Shiina despised Kousaku, but it eventually worked into a friendship of sorts.
- Rie Kawai Voiced by: Hiromi Tsuru
- The manager of the boxing club. Kousaku was taken by her at first sight. She has a crush on Shiina
- Mitsuwo Kaji
- One of Tsubame's classmates, an overbearing man who follows people around and the boxing club captain. His younger brothers and sisters have the same face as him.
- Kaori Hanazono
- Kousaku and Hibari's classmate. She is jealous of Hibari's popularity in school. Along with her friends, they try to bring Hibari down.
- Yasuaki Kureiji
- Kureiji Family's only son. Despite his boyish speech and personality, he is actually 28 years old. He wants to make Hibari his bride.
- Takuto Honda
- Kousaku and Hibari's classmate. He has a beautiful face, and countless girls are after him, but he drops them all. His target is Hibari. He's a lady killer with a cool personality, but acts goofy when it comes to Hibari.
- Original creator: Hisashi Eguchi
- Producer: Akira Sasaki
- Planning: Kenji Yokoyama (Toei), Tadashi Oka (Fuji TV)
- Series director: Takashi Hisaoka
- Episode directors: Takashi Hisaoka, Tetsuo Imazawa, Hiroshi Sasagawa, Hiroyuki Ikeda, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Megumu Ishiguro, Yoshikata Nitta, Yoshikatsu Kasai, Yasuo Yamayoshi, Hiroyuki Ebata
- Continuity: Hiroshi Sasagawa, Kazumi Fukushima
- Screenwriters: Shigeru Yanagawa, Tokio Tsuchiya, Hiroshi Toda, Tomomi Tsutsui, Takeshi Shudo
- Art directors: Takamura Mukuo, Tadao Kubota, Yoshiyuki Shikano
- Character designer: Yoshinori Kanemori
- Music: Koji Nishimura
- Theme song composition: Izumi Kobayashi
- Animation directors: Yoshinori Kanemori, Makoto Ito, Kiyoshi Matsumoto, Takao Kozai, Yasuomi Umetsu, Takashi Saijo, Keiko Imazawa, Juji Mizumura
- Production: Toei Co., Ltd. / Fuji TV
This is referenced in the second Butt Attack Punisher Girl Gautaman OVA (R) 9 minutes 20 seconds in when a group of boys shout "That's Queen Hibari's pinch!" when trying to save Mari from a group of octopus ninjas.
- Stop!! Hibari-kun! at Toei Animation
- Stop!! Hibari-kun! (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia