Stormy Daniels attending the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo at the Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada on January 8, 2010
|Born||Stephanie Gregory 
March 17, 1979 
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
|Other names||Stormy, Stormy Waters|
|Ethnicity||Irish American and Cherokee|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg)|
|No. of adult films||127 as actress,
23 as director (per IAFD)
Stormy Daniels (born Stephanie Gregory Clifford in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on March 17, 1979), also known as Stormy Waters and simply Stormy, is an American pornographic actress, screenwriter, and director. In 2009, a recruitment effort led her to consider challenging incumbent David Vitter for the 2010 Senate election in her native Louisiana.
Early life 
Daniels' parents divorced when she was four. She was subsequently raised by her mother. Daniels has said of her childhood that she "came from an average, lower-income household...there [were] days without electricity". She attended a magnet school in Louisiana and was the editor of her high school paper and president of the 4-H club.
Daniels began stripping at age 17 at a club in Baton Rouge, then expanded to become a feature performer in September 2000. She chose her stage name to reflect her love of Mötley Crüe, whose bassist, Nikki Sixx, named his daughter Storm. While working as a feature she met Devon Michaels, who was doing lesbian scenes in a pair of upcoming movies — one for Wicked Pictures and one for Sin City—and invited Daniels to accompany her. Daniels accompanied Michaels to her Wicked shoot, where she met Brad Armstrong and co-starred with Michaels in her Sin City scene, American Girls Part 2. Afterwards, Armstrong invited Daniels to stay with him where she continued doing lesbian-only scenes.
In July 2002 she was cast as the lead in a feature film for Wicked Pictures called Heat, where she did her first heterosexual sex scene, and in September of the same year she signed an exclusive contract with Wicked. In 2004 she won the Best New Starlet Award from Adult Video News, which was a complete surprise to Daniels, as she was so sure Jesse Jane would win she made a $500 bet with another porn starlet. She has directed for Wicked since 2004, and is their leading performer.
She has appeared in several men's magazines, including Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, High Society, GQ, and FHM. She has also written for FHM. Daniels also appeared in an episode of Real Sex where she is seen participating in 2001 Miss Nude Great Plains Contest.
In early 2007 she appeared in Dirt on the FX Network, where she played a stripper who helps to set up a basketball player played by Rick Fox. Later in 2007 Daniels appeared in Maroon 5's music video for their song "Wake Up Call" as a pole dancer. She appears in the film The 40-Year-Old Virgin when the main character (Steve Carell) watches her in the video Space Nuts: Episode 69—Unholy Union, and then tries dreaming about her. A deleted scene on the Virgin DVD includes her having dinner with producer Seth Rogen in a parody of My Dinner with Andre. She plays a Las Vegas lap dancer in Knocked Up, alongside fellow porn star Nautica Thorn. In 2009 she appeared in the fifth episode of the Starz show Party Down, playing an award-winning adult film actress.
Personal life 
She was married to Aditya Choudhury, a publicist in the adult entertainment industry. On July 25, 2009, Daniels was arrested in Tampa after an assault on her husband. She has a daughter with current boyfriend Glendon Crain aka Brendon Miller.
A group of fans attempted to recruit Daniels to run against Republican Senator David Vitter in Louisiana in 2010. The recruitment process was centered around the website DraftStormy.com. On May 21, 2009, she formed an exploratory committee. Daniels was unaffiliated with any party until April, 2010 when she declared herself as a Republican. She made several listening tours around Louisiana to focus on the economy, as well as women in business and child protection and stated that if elected, she would likely retire from the adult industry. On July 28, 2009, it was reported that her campaign manager had been targeted by a car bomb attack. She announced on April 15, 2010 that she would not be running for Senate, saying she could not afford a run for the Senate seat and stating that the media never took her candidacy seriously.
- 2004 NightMoves Best Actress
- 2004 AVN Award for Best New Starlet
- 2005 NightMoves Best New Director
- 2006 NightMoves Best Actress
- 2006 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Breasts
- 2006 AVN Award for Best Supporting Actress (Video) – Camp Cuddly Pines Powertool Massacre
- 2006 AVN Award for Best Screenplay – Camp Cuddly Pines Powertool Massacre
- 2006 XRCO Award for Mainstream Adult Media Favorite
- 2007 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Breasts
- 2007 AVN Award for Contract Star of the Year
- 2008 AVN Award for Crossover Star of the Year
- 2008 XBIZ Award for Crossover Star of the Year
- 2008 XRCO Award for Mainstream Adult Media Favorite
- 2008 XRCO Award for Best Director - Features
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Director
- 2008 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Award – Best Director, Fans' Choice
- 2008 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Award – Best Director, Editors' Choice
- 2009 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Breasts
- 2009 Free Speech Coalition Positive Image Award
- 2009 XBIZ Award ASACP Service Recognition Award 
See also 
- "Porn star mulling La. Senate race has a tough week". The Associated Press. 2009-07-29.
- "Stormy Relationship". The Smoking Gun. 2009-07-29. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Lee Carver (2002-11-11). "Stormy Daniels interview". Adult DVD Talk. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Kevin McGill (2010-04-15). "The Associated Press: Porn star won't challenge Vitter for La. Senate". www.google.com. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- Linda Steiner, "A Manifesto for a Genderless Feminist Critique" Communication, Culture & Critique 1 (2008): 14. "Stormy Daniels said: ‘‘I own my own company. I write my own scripts and make the money .. If I’m so exploited, how come it’s the only industry in the world where women make double what the men make?’’
- Matthew Hamilton (2009-07-04). "Porn star makes Roosters stop". Monroe News Star. Retrieved 2009-07-05.[dead link]
- Remi Charnel (2003-04-26). "Interview with Stormy". Adult DVD Empire. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "Stormy Daniels FAQ 8 Jan 2007". Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- Shannon T. Nutt (2004-04-29). "Interview with Stormy". Adult DVD Empire. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "Interview with Stormy Waters". Adult DVD Empire. 2002-08-17. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- Stormy Daniels Page At Gamelink "Retrieved April 24, 2008
- Mark Malkin (2007-01-04). "Cox's Dirt-y Porn Pal". E! Online. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- Gram Ponante (2009-04-24). "Stormy Daniels wins key endorsement". gramponante.com. Retrieved 2009-05-31.[dead link]
- Steve Javors (2009-07-28). "Stormy Daniels Arrested for Domestic Violence". XBiz. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Porn Star Predicaments
- Battista-Frazee, Kristin. "Stormy Daniels on Being a Porn-Star Mom". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Tod Hunter (2009-01-30). "Fans Want to 'Draft Stormy' for U.S. Senate". XBiz. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Nathan Stubbs (2009-01-30). "Vitter to face Storm?". The Independent Weekly. Retrieved 2009-02-01.[dead link]
- Eric Kleefeld (2009-05-21). "Stormy Daniels Forms Exploratory Committee To Run Against Vitter In 2010". Talking Points Memo. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Porn Star Daniels Declares 'I Am A Republican' WDSU, April 6, 2010
- Chris Rose (2009-05-06). "Po-boy shop serves up a porn star for lunch". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- "The Porn Star and the Politician". Retrieved November 12, 2009.
- Marcus Baram (2009-07-28). "Stormy Daniels' Political Advisor May Have Been Hit By Car Bomb: Reports". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Peter Warren (2006-06-24). "About the 2006 FAME Awards". AVN. Archived from the original on 2006-06-24. Retrieved 2007-06-24.
- "AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2006-01-09. Retrieved 2007-07-22.
- Peter Warren (2007-06-23). "2007 F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2007-06-24.
- Jared Rutter (2008-01-12). "2008 AVN Awards Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- David Sullivan (2008-06-07). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- David Sullivan (2008-10-14). "NightMoves Crowns 16th Annual Award Winners". AVN.com. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, February, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Stormy Daniels|
- Her official website
- Stormy Daniels at the Internet Movie Database
- Stormy Daniels at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Stormy Daniels at the Adult Film Database
- Stormy Daniels on Twitter