|Slogan||"Where Fantasy Lives"|
|Location||Glen, New Hampshire, U.S.|
|Owner||Palace Entertainment (Parques Reunidos)|
In the few years prior to opening, the founders, Bob and Ruth Morrell, had purchased a large number of dolls from Germany based on storybook characters. This was the basis for the park. When it opened, it had just one ride: a ride on an old fire truck. By the end of the 20th century, the park spanned some 35 acres (142,000 m2) and had over 20 rides.
Story Land was operated by the family-owned Morrell Corporation from 1954 to 2007. After Stoney Morrell, son of the original owners, died, the park was sold to The Kennywood Entertainment Company. Kennywood was in turn bought by Parques Reunidos the following year. In 2009, it was placed under Parques Reunidos American division, Palace Entertainment.
Rides and attractions
- The Huff, Puff & Whistle Railroad train ride, which serves both as an attraction and as a shuttle service through the park. The trains include Train #2 with six red cars, Train #47 with six green cars, Train #4 with six blue cars and Train #18 used as a backup.
- Alice's Tea Cups
- Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach
- Story Land Queen
- Pirate ship Buccaneer
- Antique German Carousel
- Los Bravos Silver Mine Tours
- Turtle Twirl
- Bamboo Chutes
- Polar Coaster
- Great Balloon Chase
- Crazy Barn
- Dr. Geysers Remarkable Raft Ride
- Flying Fish
- Antique Cars
- Swan Boats
- Eggs-traordinary Farm Tractors
- Cuckoo Clockenspiel
- Whirling Whales
- Slipshod Safari Tour
- Dutch Flying Shoes
- Splash Battle Pharaoh's Reign
- Grandfather Tree (Interactive Playground)
- Ball Pit
- Pirate Ship Playground
- Horse Race Game (A themed Elton Games Roll-a-Ball game)
- Shooting Gallery (featuring Cameras instead of rifles)
- Dutch Milking Cow
- Oceans of Fun sprayground
- King Neptune's Crab Crawl (A themed Bob's Space Racers Ramped Water game)
- Professor Bigglestep's Loopy Lab (play area and show area)
- Dr Geyser's Mini Geysers
- Little Dreamers Nursery Rhyme Play area
Featured interactive nursery rhymes and fairy tales
- "Humpty Dumpty"
- "Mary Mary, Quite Contrary"
- "The Old Woman in the Shoe" (Shoe and Character)
- "Goldilocks and The Three Bears" (House)
- "Little Red Riding Hood" (Grandmother's House)
- "Mary Had a Little Lamb" (School House)
- "1,2 Buckle My Shoe"
- "Little Miss Muffet"
- "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater"
- "Cinderella" (Castle & Character)
- "Heidi" (Grandfather's House & Character)
- "Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes" (Character)
- "Mary Had a Little Lamb" Lambs
- "Peter Rabbit" Rabbit
- "Three Billy Goats Gruff" Goats
- "Heidi" Goats
- "Goosey Goosey Gander" Geese
- "Chicken Little" Chickens
- "Three Little Pigs" Pigs
A complete lists of Story Land rides can be found at their website.
- Voyage To The Moon
- The Farm Follies is a live and animatronic interactive show describing the process of growing vegetables in a New England garden. It's hosted by Mr. Scarecrow.
- The Adventures of Molly Molecule is a live interactive show about a wacky science adventure with Molly Molecule (while Prof. Bigglestep is out at lunch) and her loopy lab assistants (Polly Proton and Beaker the Dog). Together the scientists discover the importance of Friendship.(2011)
- Hilltop Harmony is a live interactive show about Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Peep, and a Eugene the Train Conductor, and being a good friend.(2011)
- Blake Daring Storybook Adventure is a live show featuring Susie Norman who has discovered Blake Daring's old Journal and as she reads the journal she finds herself on a musical adventure meeting all of the same crazy characters Blake did. They teach the audience that your imagination is a passport to an amazing adventure.(2011)
- Melody Farm Follies A show first shown at the South Florida Fair for the 2011 season and is hosted by Hap the Happy Farm Boy and this show was also known as Good Time Jamboree by the announcer. Good Time Jamboree puts on a nursery rhymes and farm show singing with Hap and his friends
- 'In 2011 Storyland hired RWS and Associates and in 2012 brought the following shows-
- Fairytale Fiasco features Alice, Peter Pan, and Little Red Ridinghood trying to help Cinderella with her royal ball. It played at the Farm Follies Theater. (2012)
- Story-Bops is a musical adventure with three wacky rock stars who try to help the kids become their own rock stars. It played at the Emagination Theater located inside Loopy Labs. (2012)
- Dukes Dance Party is a fun dancing show featuring Storylands newest friend Duke the Dragon.(2012) Duke the Dragon is a character that originally comes from another Palace Entertainment theme park in Pennsylvania called Dutch Wonderland.
Heritage New Hampshire
Heritage New Hampshire, an attraction owned by the Morrell family and dedicated to New Hampshire history, was located next to Story Land for many years, but closed in 2006. The building still stands, while the inside of the atractions were taken out and Storyland now uses the building for storage.
Heritage New Hampshire was an interactive museum that featured several actors that would play the role of a person who impacted New Hampshire's history. There was the captain of a tall ship from England, a woodsman, a newspaper printer, Mathew Brady (famous Civil War photographer), an engineer of a steam train through Crawford Notch, and others. The Morrell family often directly employed British university graduates as actors under the auspices of the BUNAC "Work America" work exchange programme for the summer season; this was a reciprocal arrangement which thus allowed American graduates to work in the UK during their vacations. The family were known for their hospitality and their foreign employees often featured in the Story Land Yearbooks.
As guests would move in between different sections of the museum, they would see some video footage, some animatronics, and some exhibits. There was a gift shop at the end of the museum tours.
- http://www.storylandnh.com/whatyoullseeatstoryland.html, retrieved on 24 August 2008
- Story Land - Rides
Story Land by Jim Miller. Arcadia Publishing, July 2010. For more information, go to www.arcadiapublishing.com
- Story Land website
- White Mountains Attractions Association
- Article about working at Story Land
- Story Land at the Roller Coaster DataBase