|Origin||Montana, United States|
|Years active||1989–1996, 2003-Current|
|Labels||Story Hills Records, Red House Records|
|Associated acts||Alva Star, The Hopefuls, Sixth Sense, Justin Roth|
Storyhill is an American folk duo, composed of Chris Cunningham and John Hermanson. The acoustic songwriting duo formed in Bozeman, Montana in 1989 simply as Chris & Johnny. They did not adopt the name Storyhill until 1996. They started performing together in Montana and later Minnesota, creating a strong grass-roots following before surprisingly breaking up in 1997. After this, both Hermanson and Cunningham separately pursued solo and group musical endeavors. Hermanson performed with the band Alva Star and the band The Hopefuls, while Cunningham performed with Sixth Sense and singer-songwriter Justin Roth. Much to their listeners' enjoyment, the pair later happily reunited. After a number of self-produced albums they signed with Red House Records to produce the album Storyhill (2007), which received favorable reviews. The album was voted Best Acoustic Ensemble CD of the year by the Indie Acoustic Music Project. The group is a winner of the 2007 Kerrville New Folk Competition.
A documentary film Storyhill: Parallel Lives, directed by Andrew Zilch, was released in 2008  and is available on DVD.
- Shapeshifting - (as Chris & Johnny, 1991)
- Different Waters - (as Chris & Johnny, 1992)
- Miles and Means - (as Chris Cunningham and Johnny Hermanson, 1994)
- Clearing - (as Chris Cunningham and Johnny Hermanson, 1995)
- This Side of Lost - (1996)
- Dovetail - (2002)
- Duotones: A Tribute to Duos of the '70s - (2005)
- Storyhill - (Red House Records, 2007)
- Shade of the Trees - (Red House Records, 2010)
- Live at the Grand - (Chris & Johnny, 1993)
- Storyhill Live - (1997)
- Echoes: The Final Show - (1997)
- Reunion - (2001)
- Collage EP - (promotional sampler, 1996)
- Storyhill at Allmusic. Accessed on line November 21, 2007.
- Storyhill, review, Allmusic. Accessed on line January 10, 2008.
- Storyhill: Storyhill, Angela Page, Sing Out! The Folk Song Magazine, August 2007. Accessed on-line November 21, 2007.
- http://www.indieacoustic.com/archives.html#2007 Indie Acoustic Music Project awards: 2007
- Kudos to the 2007 Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk Award Winners, Sing Out! The Folk Song Magazine, Autumn 2007. Accessed online January 7, 2008.
- Storyhill: Parallel Lives at the Internet Movie Database