|Members||jing, k-x, -jl-, cyberdominator|
Straftanz is a German electronic dance music project, established in the summer of 2006. Straftanz is formed by a loose group of artists (j-ing, k-x, -jl- and cyberdominator) calling themselves the Straftanz ZK. Additional artists involved are Carsten Jacek (SITD), Mille Petrozza, and Myk Jung (The Fair Sex) who were involved in the recording of the first album Forward Ever. Some connection to the Futurpop Project Rotersand was claimed several times but never officially approved. In interviews, Straftanz described its musical style as "Industrial-Streetfighting-Dance". In fact, the sound of Straftanz is best described as a mixture of EBM, futurepop, trance, rave, metal, and rhythm noise elements that are tied together with a present dance groove.
The track "Straftanz" was first played at the club Sixx P.M. in Dortmund. DJs copied the demo and spread it across Germany and Europe before any record deal was offered. The German label "Dependent" signed Straftanz and in October 2006 released the single "Straftanz" with surprising success, hitting Position 35 on the Deutsche Alternative Jahrescharts, annual collection of the year's most relevant releases. Despite the fact that its lyrics mainly consisted of the names of German alternative clubs and DJs, "Straftanz" in its various versions covering different areas of Germany (Ost, Süd, West and Nord) gained relevance at alternative parties worldwide. The UK act Revolution By Night completed a remix of the track entitled "Straftanz UK (featuring RBN)" for the band, but currently this version has not been made available commercially. However, it was available on the Straftanz Myspace page, picked up club play in the UK, and was played live several times by RBN.
After the record label Dependent went out of business, Straftanz changed to the label Scanner and released the EP "Tanz Kaputt, was Euch Kaputt Macht!" which was followed by the project's first album release "Forward Ever". German music magazines covered Straftanz extensively. "Tanz Kaputt, was Euch Kaputt Macht!" in the "Deutsche Alternative Jahrescharts 2008" Straftanz achieved Position 23. Straftanz played several clubshows and Festival Gigs since 2007. In October 2009, Straftanz toured for the first time by joining VNV Nation on the second part of their "Faith Power and Glory" tour.
In September 2011 Straftanz released its second Album "Mainstream Sellout Overground" in Europe, closely followed by its first US release on Metropolis. In time for the release Straftanz joined VNV Nation on a one month European Tour leg of VNV Nations "Automatic" Tour, covering 18 gigs in 8 countries. In November Straftanz entered the United States for the first time, for the first leg of the Automatic U.S. Tour. 
In November 2013 Straftanz announced that their last performance would be at Resistanz on April 18th, 2014. A post on Straftanz.org stated that "The artistic concept of Straftanz is exhausted. Therefore we quit." The group has since disbanded and some have moved onto new projects. 
- Straftanz - Straftanz, MCD 2006 Dependent Records
- Straftanz - Tanz Kaputt, was Euch Kaputt Macht!, EP 2007 Scanner/Dark Dimensions
- Straftanz - Forward Ever, CD 2007 Scanner/Dark Dimensions
- Straftanz - Mainstream Sellout Overground (2011)
- Trendcharts:: Straftanz - "Straftanz" auf Platz 35 der Alternative Jahrescharts In: http://charts.trendcharts.de/jahrescharts2006/dac_top200/index.html
- Catrin Nordwig: Die Tanzflächen Guerilla. In: Sonic Seducer. Mai Ausgabe, 2008, S. 20.
- Catrin Nordwig: Wofür auch immer. In: Sonic Seducer. Juni Ausgabe, 2008, S. 56.
- Marc Urban: Straftanz In: Orkus. Mai Ausgabe, 2008, S. 78.
- André Piewak: Straftanz bringt Dynamik in die Subkultur. In: Dark Spy. Nr. 23, 2008, S. 60-61.
- Trendcharts:: Straftanz - "Tanz Kaputt, was Euch Kaputt Macht!" auf Platz 23 der Alternative Jahrescharts In: http://charts.trendcharts.de/jahrescharts2008/DAC/index.html
- Straftanz.de: Live History. http://straftanz.de/?page_id=1088
- Straftanz.de: 'NEWS FROM STRAFTANZ ACTUAL' http://www.straftanz.org/