From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up strain in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Strain may refer to:
- Strain (biology), variants of plants, viruses or bacteria; or an inbred animal used for experimental purposes
- Strain (chemistry), a chemical stress of a molecule
- Deformation (mechanics), a geometrical measure of deformation representing the relative displacement between particles in a material body
- Strain (injury), an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibers tear as a result of overstretching
- Strain (manga),a 1996 manga written by Yoshiyuki Okamura, and illustrated by Ryoichi Ikegami
- Strain (music), a series of musical phrases that create a distinct melody of a piece
- Strain (album), a 2004 album by Flesh Field
- Strain, Arkansas
- Strain, to be subject to tension or psychological stress
- The Strain (book), a 2009 vampire horror novel written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
- The Strain (TV series), a TV series based on the book by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan with the same title.
- Strain 121, a microbe that can thrive at temperatures of 121 °C
- Ames strain, a strain of anthrax
- Strain theory (disambiguation), of which there are several
- Ring strain, another chemical concept
- Shear strain, a strain that acts parallel to the face of a material that it is acting on
- The Andromeda Strain is a science fiction book and movie adaptation
- Strained tendon, a German band
- The Acacia Strain, an American band
- Lunar Strain, the 1994 music album by In Flames
- New business strain, a financial concept
- Strainer, a type of sieve used to separate solids from liquids, e.g. in cooking.
- Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry, a 2006 anime
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.