Stranger to Stranger
|Stranger To Stranger|
|Studio album by Industry|
|Genre||New wave, synthpop|
Stranger To Stranger is the third and final released by Industry. It was released on Capitol Records and distributed by EMI in 1983. A Filipino CD version was released later on and included the extended version of "Still Of The Night". This CD release is out of print now. However, some of the songs in this album are available for downloading from the internet like iTunes.
The album features the most successful track "State of The Nation", an anti-war track that broke into European charts.
After this album, Jon Carin started a successful session musician and solo career, becoming a permanent member of the Pink Floyd live band and co-writing Pink Floyd's hit single "Learning to Fly". Unger and Perrone went on to form their own bands. Mercury Caronia also became
The album peaked at #48 in Sweden, and its lead single "State of The Nation" peaked at #10.
- Side One
- "Still Of The Night" - 4:06
- "Until We're Together" - 3:59
- "Romantic Dreams" - 3:53
- "What Have I Got To Lose" - 4:03
- "State Of the Nation" - 4:33
- Side Two
- "Shangri-La" - 3:47
- "Communication" - 4:05
- "All I Need Is You" - 2:55
- "Stranger In A Strange Land" - 5:18
- "Living Alone Too Long" - 4:07
Catalog number and format
- Catalog: ST-12316
- Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
- Produced and engineered by Rhett Davies for EG Management Ltd.
- Mixed By - Bob Clearmountain, Bob Schaper
- Additional Production - Vini Poncia
- Engineered by Rhett Davies and Ray Niznik at Bearsville Sound, NY.
- Overdubs, mix and sweat by Dr. Bob Schaper at Boogie Hotel, Long Island, NY.
- Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound, NYC.