Stranger to Stranger
|Stranger To Stranger|
|Studio album by Industry|
|Genre||New wave, synthpop|
Stranger to Stranger is the third and final release by Industry. It was released on Capitol Records and distributed by EMI in 1983. A Philippine CD version was later released and included an extended version of "Still of the Night".
The album features the most successful track "State of the Nation", an anti-war song that broke into European charts.
After this album, Jon Carin started a successful solo and session musician career, becoming a permanent member of the Pink Floyd live band and co-writing Pink Floyd's hit single "Learning to Fly". Unger and Perrone went on to form their own bands.
The album peaked at #48 in Sweden, and its lead single "State of the Nation" peaked at #10.
- Side One
- "Still of the Night" - 4:06
- "Until We're Together" - 3:59
- "Romantic Dreams" - 3:53
- "What Have I Got to Lose" - 4:03
- "State of the Nation" - 4:33
- Side Two
- "Shangri-La" - 3:47
- "Communication" - 4:05
- "All I Need Is You" - 2:55
- "Stranger in a Strange Land" - 5:18
- "Living Alone Too Long" - 4:07
Catalog number and format
- Catalog: ST-12316
- Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
- Produced and engineered by Rhett Davies for EG Management Ltd.
- Mixed By - Bob Clearmountain, Bob Schaper
- Additional Production - Vini Poncia
- Engineered by Rhett Davies and Ray Niznik at Bearsville Sound, NY.
- Overdubs, mix and sweat by Dr. Bob Schaper at Boogie Hotel, Long Island, NY.
- Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound, NYC.