|Type||Now owned by Hewlett-Packard Company|
|Key people||Thor Culverhouse, CEO
Venkat Devraj, CTO
Jennifer Panning, CFO
Mike Puterbaugh, VP, Marketing
|Products||HP Database and Middleware Automation software (formerly called Data Palette Data Center Automation Platform)|
|Website||HP Software website|
Stratavia, formerly known as ExtraQuest, was a software company that specialized in enterprise Database and Data Center Automation, and private cloud computing enablement. Stratavia was founded by Venkat Devraj and Rainier Luistro in 2001.
The company received venture funding from Vista Ventures, Asset Management Company and Adams Street Partners and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Boston and London, United Kingdom. In Aug. 2010, HP announced the acquisition of Stratavia to bolster its cloud computing and automation software portfolio.
Stratavia’s flagship IT automation software was called Data Palette. Data Palette focused on automating the full lifecycle of applications and database systems, including patch management, compliance reporting, and capturing configuration settings. Data Palette capabilities were also useful in configuring and operating servers in the enterprise private cloud, where business users provision their own servers and applications. Common use cases for the technology include private cloud enablement, self service request management and rule-based asset life-cycle automation.
- eWeek: “ExtraQuest renamed Stratavia.” July 17, 2006.
- Bloomberg Businessweek. Stratavia Corporation.
- The Register: “HP builds out cloudy wares with Stratavia buy.” August 26, 2010.
- Data Center Knowledge: “Stratavia Gets Patents for Database.” September 21, 2009.
- EPR Computer News: Gartner, Inc. Has Named Stratavia A “Cool Vendor”, in 2009, in the “Cool Vendors in IT Operations, 2009” Report. April 8, 2009.
- Business Insider: “HP Buys VC-Backed Stratavia.” August 26, 2010.
- Denver Business Journal: “Hewlett-Packard buys Denver database firm Stratavia.” August 27, 2010.
- HP news release: HP Acquires Stratavia, Helping Clients Simplify and Optimize Software Application Deployment in Hybrid IT Environments. August 2010
- Mercury News. HP buys Denver software maker Stratavia to simplify 'cloud computing' August 2010
- B-eye Network: “Stratavia Releases Data Palette 3.1.” April 23, 2007.
- Information Week: “HP Acquires Database Automation Firm.” August 27, 2010.
- HP News Release: “HP Acquires Stratavia, Helping Clients Simplify and Optimize Software Application Deployment in Hybrid IT Environments.” Aug. 2010.