||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
A design strategist has the ability to combine the innovative, perceptive and holistic insights of a designer with the pragmatic and systemic skills of a planner to guide strategic direction in context of business needs, brand intent, design quality and customer values. 
A sport strategist is a professional that performs scouting and analysis of the players involved in an upcoming competitive match. Sports strategists typically analyze film footage, organize video libraries, and recommend attacks and defensive strategies in order to capitalize on an opponents' weaknesses.
Working closely with investment managers, a principal investment strategist contributes revenue by providing principal investment analytics and alternative product structuring.
A banking strategist partners with investment bankers and capital market experts on corporate finance and capital structure analyses to identify and execute banking transactions.
Within the financial services industry, strategists are known as “strats”.
A military strategist develops strategies in the field of warfare with the objective of outmaneuvering their opponent.
An IT Strategist develops an IT strategy that is aligned with the business strategy to implement systems to give business processes efficiency and productivity gains and therefore a possible competitive advantage.
- Lindinger, H., (1991), Ulm Design: The Morality of Objects, Cambridge: The MIT Press.
- Gorb, P., (1990) Design Management, London: Phaidon Press
- ”Design Management”, Papers from the London Business School, London: Architecture & Technology Press, 1990.
- Chung, K.; Freeze, K., “Design Strategy at Samsung Electronics: Becoming a Top-Tier Company″, Design Management Institute Case Study - Harvard Business School Publishing, 2008.
- Mataruna, L.; DaCosta, L.P. ,“Video-Scout Methods in Sports", The Brazilian Judo Methods - Case Study - Gama Filho University, 2010.
|This business term article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|