Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway railway station
|Managed by||London Midland|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Key dates||Opened 19 May 2013|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|UK Railways portal|
It is located on the Birmingham to Stratford Line, adjacent to the A46, part of the strategic road network. The close proximity to the road is intended to draw in longer distance passengers who wish to commute into the West Midlands conurbation, easing congestion.
The station makes use of the Park and Ride facilities at Bishopton, with a large car park (which can accommodate up to 725 vehicles), thus saving people from driving into central Stratford to get the train from the existing Stratford station. It has two platforms on the existing double tracked line. Each platform is 153 metres long with an additional 5-metre stopping allowance to accommodate a maximum of six 24.5 m car trains. The platforms are linked by a DDA compliant footbridge with ramps.
In July 2011 the scheme secured a £5 million government grant from the UK Government's Local Sustainable Transport Fund. In September 2011 Warwickshire County Council agreed a further £1.8 million of the projected £8.8 million cost of the scheme. In January 2012 Warwickshire County Council announced that Mott MacDonald had been appointed to produce the 'GRIP4' outline design of the parkway station by early summer 2012.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Leamington – Stratford upon Avon
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway railway station.|
- West Midlands Rail vision: Rail Development Strategy
- warwickshire.gov.uk Stratford Parkway Station Executive Summary
- BBC News: Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway station building work starts
- "Stratford Parkway Station".
- Coventry Telegraph "£5 million grant for new Stratford Rail Station" accessed 20 December 2011
- Stratford Observer "Parkway station on track after new funding" accessed 20 December 2011
- Warwickshire County Council "Stratford Parkway Station" accessed 20 December 2011
- Stratford Parkway set to open seven months early, Rail.co