|Headteacher||Mr Andrew Seager|
|DfE URN||136978 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
It has no sixth form. It is situated on Upton Lane (A114). Nearby to the west is the Newham College of Further Education, and a bit further west is the site of the 2012 Summer Olympics. Opposite the school is West Ham Park.
Prior to the introduction of the comprehensive schools scheme it was known as Stratford Grammar School, prior to which it was West Ham Secondary School.
It became a sixth-form-entry comprehensive in 1972.
The school officially gained academy status on 1 August 2011.
It is planned to move the school to Canning Town to the site of the Rokeby School, which itself will be rebuilt on Barking Road.
Before 2005 the school uniform consisted of purple blazers, however it changed in September 2005 to black.
Each year group has colour-coded badges. These are
- YEAR 11: RED
- YEAR 10: YELLOW
- YEAR 9: BLACK
- YEAR 8: BLUE
- YEAR 7: GREEN
Each pupil is also in one of four houses, Somerville, Newton, Turing or Cartwrite; each denoted by a different colour stripe on their tie
It gets GCSE results well above average. Only two schools in Newham LEA (both single sex) have sixth forms.
Notable Former Pupils
- West Ham Secondary School
- Bryan Forbes, film star and director
- Ron Pickering, Olympic team coach and TV sports presenter - formerly also sports master at the school in the 1950s
- Stratford Grammar School
- Sir Michael Lyons, Chairman since 2007 of the BBC Trust and Chief Executive from 1994-2001 of Birmingham City Council
- Alan Baker, mathematician involved with number theory and Professor of Pure Mathematics from 1974-2006 at the University of Cambridge
- Terry Smith, Chief of Collins Stewart since 2000 (became Tullett Prebon in 2006)
- "Department for Education: Stratford School". Retrieved 18 February 2014.