Strathclyde Park Rowing Club
|Strathclyde Park Rowing Club|
|Location||The Watersports Centre, Strathclyde Country Park|
|Home water||Strathclyde Loch|
|Membership||50 - 60|
|Affiliations||Scottish Rowing, Motherwell District Sports Council, Hamilton Sports Council|
|Jeff Roche – Henley Stewards’ Junior Coach|
Strathclyde Park Rowing Club (SPRC) is a rowing club which was founded in 2000 by Iain Somerside, Karen & Peter Barton and Tom Hewitt. It is the only 'open' club based at the international rowing course at Strathclyde Country Park, Motherwell, North Lanarkshire.
Development of the club has been greatly assisted by the Scottish Rowing Centre (SRC).
Equipment and facilities
In addition to its fleet of 20 racing shells, the club's contract with the SRC allows club members the use of the Centre boats without direct charge.
When weather or light conditions do not permit boating, SPRC members have the choice of using the club’s 10 Concept 2 ergometers, the SRC rowing tank, the conditioning equipment in the Boathouse Fitness Gym, or running or cycling one of the many routes within Strathclyde Park or along the banks of the River Clyde.
The club has its own coaching launch and Park vessels are also available when required.
Since its inception SPRC has actively encouraged instruction of newcomers to the sport and beginner support is an integral part of the club ethos. Junior induction is carried out on an ad hoc basis with newcomers taken under a coach’s wing as they turn up. For adults a more formal approach is taken. Each year the club runs two Rowstart courses for which a charge is made – discounted from the first year’s subscription if the decision is taken to join.
In addition to the racing boats mentioned above, SPRC also has 2 ‘training’ singles for the use of beginners and access to the SRC's 'training' doubles.
The usual beginner progression is: rowing machine - rowing tank - training double - shell quad - double - single.
All beginners are required to attend and take part in a capsize drill and swim test at a local pool.
Almost from the outset SPRC has tasted success at high-level competition, picking up medals at Scottish Championships, Scottish Indoor Championships, British Championships, Masters Head (London Tideway), GB-France Match, Coupe de la Jeunesse, Home International Regattas, Commonwealth Championships, Henley Masters and World Masters events.          
- Motherwell Times  3/02/2011
- Club Contacts  on Scottish Rowing Web Site.
- "British Rowing Almanack", British Rowing, 2001 onwards.
- Motherwell Times  18/06/2008,  25/06/2009,  30/06/2011
- Hamilton Advertiser  9/02/2012
- Motherwell Times  1/08/2007
- Motherwell Times  18/07/2007
- Coupe de la Jeunesse 2009, British Rowing Report
- 2009 FISA Masters, Austria,  SPRC's winning quad in action
- 2011 FISA Masters, Poland, results Friday races 208 WC 8+ & 319 WC 2x , Saturday race 405 WD 2x  and Sunday race 629 Mix D 4x 
- Motherwell Times  8/08/2007 and  6/08/2008
- Henley Masters Regattas 2009, races 240 WC 4x and 265 WB 4x  and 2011 race 296 WC 8+