Strathcona Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Richard Pootmans|
|• Total||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,185 m (3,888 ft)|
|• Average Income||$105,139|
|Website||SCA Community Association|
Strathcona Park is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Bow Trail to the north, Sarcee Trail to the east, Strathcona Drive and the community of Christie Park to the south and 85 Street W to the west. Strathcona Park lies in the center of the neighbourhood.
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1956 from the Municipal District of Rocky View. Strathcona Park was established as a neighbourhood in 1980. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 6 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $105,139 in 2000, and there were 9.8% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 20.5% of the residents were immigrants. All buildings were single-family detached homes, and 7.9% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Strathcona Park Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
||West Springs||Coach Hill, Patterson||Wildwood|
|Springbank Hill||Christie Park||Glendale|