Straw man (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up straw man in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Straw man is a rhetorical technique (also classified as a logical fallacy) based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.
Straw man may also refer to:
- A reclaimable personal account according to the Redemption movement
- Straw man (dummy), a dummy made from straw
- Straw man (law), in law, a third party that acts as a "front" in a transaction
- Straw man (literature), in literature, a symbol for people regarded as lacking needed qualities
- Straw man proposal, in business and software development, a simple draft proposal intended to generate discussion
- Straw Man (comics), a Marvel Comics character originally called "The Scarecrow"
- A humanoid figure woven from plant stems, in the manner of a Corn dolly
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Straw man.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.