Street Fighter (comic book)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2008)|
Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki #3
Guest cover art by Adam Warren
|Publication date||August 2003 – August 2010
January 2013 –
|Number of issues||53 standard issues, 2 graphic novels|
Street Fighter is an American comic book based on the Street Fighter franchise and published by UDON under license from Capcom. This series draws not only on the established Street Fighter canon, but also occasionally addresses various continuity retcons, and even draws from fanon and non-official sources as well.
- 1 Main series
- 2 Spin-offs
- 3 Trade paperbacks
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Spans issues #0 through #14. Follows various storylines set around different series characters. Various writers and artists contributed to each issue working separately on independent short stories that occasionally tied into the main storyline. Some plot points featured in this series include:
- Ryu trains while taking on Sakura as a pupil.
- Chun-Li and Guile share the same professional relationship they had in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, working to stop M. Bison.
- Charlie sacrifices his life in an attempt to defeat Bison.
- Cammy works as a member of a British special-forces team while recovering from the amnesia that came as a result of Bison's control over her.
Street Fighter II
Spans issues #0 through #6. After a break of several months, UDON's second Street Fighter series began under the title Street Fighter II, because the events slowly approach those of the Street Fighter II video game. The main story follows Ryu as he searches for Akuma, who has just killed his master. Ryu wants to avenge his master Gouken without succumbing to the Dark Hadou, the dark power buried in his style of martial arts that Akuma has embraced.
Street Fighter II: Turbo
Spans issues Street Fighter Remix #0 through #12. The second Street Fighter tournament begins in earnest as fighters from all over the world compete to see who is the "World's Strongest". This is a continuation of UDON's Street Fighter II series.
Super Street Fighter
In late January 2013, Super Street Fighter Volume 1: New Generation graphic novel was released which represented a continuation from the previous story of Street Fighter II: Turbo, after a four-year skip. The story happens in the time period of the Street Fighter III video game.
Street Fighter Legends
- Street Fighter Legends: Sakura - A four-issue mini-series that focuses on the life of Sakura Kasugano and the events that happened since she and Ryu parted ways at the end of Street Fighter #14.
- Street Fighter Legends: Chun-Li - A four-issue mini-series that follows Chun-Li as a young police officer, portraying the events that lead up to her father's disappearance.
- Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki - A four-issue mini-series that follows the young ninja Ibuki as she tries to balance a normal Japanese high school life with her secret ninja life.
Street Fighter IV
A four-issue mini-series based on the Street Fighter IV video game that follows the events of a new fighting tournament sponsored by the enigmatic S.I.N. organization.
Street Fighter Origins: Akuma
The Street Fighter Origins: Akuma graphic novel, released in September 2013, follows Akuma and Gouken's early history before Akuma was consumed by the Satsui no Hadou.
Street Fighter IV (Target exclusive)
A one-shot comic that was only available when the Street Fighter IV game was purchased at Target stores in the United States. The all-new story showcases the new case of fighters facing off against their classic counterparts.
Street Fighter: Deep Scars (GamePro exclusive)
- Street Fighter Volume 1: Round One - FIGHT!
- Street Fighter Volume 2: The New Challengers!
- Street Fighter Volume 3: Fighter's Destiny
- Street Fighter Volume 4: Bonus Stage
- Street Fighter Volume 5: Kick it into Turbo!
- Street Fighter Volume 6: Final Round
- Street Fighter Legends Volume 1: Sakura
- Street Fighter Legends Volume 2: Chun-Li
- Street Fighter Legends Volume 3: Ibuki
- Street Fighter IV
- Street Fighter: The Ultimate Edition
- Street Fighter II: The Ultimate Edition
- Street Fighter Legends: The Ultimate Edition