Street King (drink)
|Manufacturer||Street King LLC|
|Flavour||strawberry lemonade, grape, berry, pomegranate|
Street King is a flavored energy drink created by rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Pure Growth Partners.
Jackson partnered with Pure Growth Partners' Founder and CEO Chris Clarke to launch the product, which through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), provides a meal for a child in Africa with each shot purchased. The product is manufactured and distributed by Street King LLC in New York, NY.
The drink is sold in 74-millilitre (2.5 US fl oz) shots which contain a caffeine amount of 285 mg, comparable to that of 2-3 cups of coffee. Street King is available in orange, mango and grape.
In September 2011, Jackson publicly committed to donating one billion meals to the World Food Program over five years. If he reaches this goal, Jackson would become the 20th largest donor to the organization. Each meal is covered by a 10 cent donation to the World Food Program for each shot purchased. He had already donated 3.5 million meals between the launch in September 2011 and January 2012.
- Canada, Danielle (2011-08-12). "50 Cent Releasing "Street King" Energy Shots, Proceeds To Feed 1 Billion Children". Hip-Hop Wired. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Rapper launches energy shot with philanthropic edge" (Press release). Beverage Industry. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- Horowitz, Steven J. (2011-08-12). "50 Cent Launches Energy Shot "Street King" To Help Feed One Billion Children". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "50 Cent Visits Famine Victims In Somalia, Kenya - The Juice". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- Goldberg, Mark Leon (2012-02-23). "Why 50 Cent is a Humanitarian Genius". UN Dispatch. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Street King, The Popular Energy Shot With a Mission to End World Hunger, is Now Available at GNC and More Than 40,000 Locations Nationwide" (Press release). PR Newswire. 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Off the Street: 50 Cent’s Energy Shot Rebranded as SK Energy". BevNET.com. 2012-05-18. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2012-03-28). "50 Cent Recruits Pauly D, Joan Rivers For Street King Campaign - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2012-03-28). "50 Cent Recruits Pauly D, Joan Rivers For Street King Campaign". MTV News. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- Markman, Rob (2012-07-12). "Pauly D Joins 50 Cent's SK Energy Movement". MTV News. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- "50 Cent's Street King Energy Links With Wes Welker". Stack magazine. 2012-12-01. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "50 Cent's Next Beverage Bonanza". Forbes. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2013-07-10.