Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers
|Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers|
|Date||November 7, 2009|
|City||Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA|
Strikeforce/M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rogers was a mixed martial arts event held on November 7, 2009 promoted by Strikeforce in association with M-1 Global. It was the first MMA event on network television since the now-defunct EliteXC promotion broadcast its final event, EliteXC: Heat, on CBS on October 4, 2008. The event had a four-fight main card with a broadcasting team of Gus Johnson, Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo. The event drew an estimated 4,040,000 viewers, with a peak at 5,460,000 on CBS.
|Heavyweight||Fedor Emelianenko||def||Brett Rogers||KO (punch)||2||1:48|
|Middleweight||Jake Shields||def||Jason Miller||unanimous decision (49–46, 49–46, 48–47)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Light Heavyweight||Gegard Mousasi||def||Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou||TKO (punches)||2||3:43|
|Heavyweight||Fabricio Werdum||def||Antonio Silva||unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Womens Featherweight||Marloes Coenen||def||Roxanne Modafferi||submission (armbar)||1||1:05|
|Catchweight (150 lb)||Jeff Curran||def||Dustin Neace||verbal submission (rib injury)||1||1:39|
|Middleweight||Nate Moore||def||Louis Taylor||submission (punches)||2||3:24|
|Middleweight||Shamar Bailey||def||John Kolosci||unanimous decision (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00||[b]|
|Welterweight||Christian Uflacker||def||Jonatas Novaes||unanimous decision (30–25, 30–25, 29–26)||3||5:00||[c]|
- For the Middleweight Championship.
- Bailey was deducted one point in round two for holding the shorts of Kolosci.
- Novaes was deducted two points in round three for two illegal kicks to the head of a downed opponent.
A women's bout between Marloes Coenen and Erin Toughill was set to serve as a reserve fight, but was cancelled when Toughill withdrew due to an undisclosed medical condition. Roxanne Modafferi stepped in to fight Coenen on this show.
In terms of ratings, the show averaged 3.79 million viewers for the allotted 9-11pm running time. The main event, which took place after 11pm, peaked at 5.46 million viewers. Overall, the two-hour-plus broadcast averaged 4.04 million viewers and a 2.5 household rating.
- Morgan, John. ""Strikeforce / M-1 Global – Fedor vs. Rogers" on Nov. 7 set for Sears Centre outside of Chicago". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Morgan, John (September 17, 2009). "Strikeforce announces CBS deal, Emelianenko vs. Cherry airs Nov. 7 on network TV". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou completes Strikeforce's Nov. 7 CBS lineup". MMAJunkie. 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Erin Toughill vs. Marloes Coenen to serve as Nov. 7 Strikeforce-CBS "backup" fight". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Erin Toughill Out Of Fight With Marloes Coenen". MMARising.com. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- "Roxanne Modafferi replaces Toughill in Strikeforce". MMAWeekly.com. 2009-10-29. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "'Fedor vs. Rogers' Results and Live Play-by-Play". sherdog.com. 2009-11-07. Retrieved 2009-11-08.
- "Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers event peaks with 5.46 million viewers.". MMAjunkie.com. 2009-11-10. Retrieved 2009-11-10.