Strikeforce: Tank vs. Buentello was a mixed martial arts event held on October 7, 2006. The event was held by Strikeforce and took place at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California.
This event featured the MMA debut of future UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez.
Wesley Correira was scheduled to fight Ruben Villareal at the event but withdrew due to medical reasons and thus the bout was scrapped.
- Stewart defeated Metcalf via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:29 of round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Frank Megallon vs. Sam Spengler
- Spengler defeated Megallon via TKO (punches) at 2:38 of round 1.
- Heavyweight bout: Carlton Jones vs. Mike Cook
- Cook defeated Jones via submission (punches) at 2:03 of round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Philip Perez vs. Brandon Shuey
- Perez defeated Shuey via submission (triangle choke) at 1:28 of round 1.
- Olson defeated Sanchez via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:58 of round 1.
- Von Flue defeated Wray via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 2:22 of round 2.
- Velasquez defeated Fujarczyk via TKO (punches) at 1:58 of round 1.
- Prangley defeated Ruiz via submission (armbar) at 4:42 of round 1.
- Thomson defeated Ludwig via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:36 of round 2.
- Buentello defeated Abbot via KO (punch) at 0:43 of round 1.