Strip Search (web series)
|Created by||Penny Arcade|
|Directed by||Graham Stark|
|Presented by||Graham Stark|
|Starring||see contestants below|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||31|
|Executive producer(s)||Jerry Holkins
Kathleen De Vere
Kathleen De Vere (asst.)
|Production company(s)||Bionic Trousers Media|
|Original run||March 1, 2013 – June 18, 2013|
Strip Search is an online reality television show created by Penny Arcade and produced by Bionic Trousers Media, the production arm of LoadingReadyRun. The show was officially spawned after being discussed in a "flurry of tweets" when Penny Arcade's Kickstarter project was funded. Among several artists and dozens of shows, the series' winner receives a considerable cash prize and integration into the Penny Arcade offices in Seattle for one year.
Strip Search is based on a progressive elimination to narrow down the initial group of twelve artists to a final winner. While living in a large pineapple-themed house, the artists are given challenges each episode ranging from creative to legal to physical, with the winner(s) of each receiving a prize. The winner of the last challenge each day must choose two of the other artists to go head-to-head and compete to stay in the game. Elimination candidates meet the Penny Arcade creators, Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins, and before them they draw two random ideas then create an original comic strip based on their fusion. The winner goes back to the house to continue competing while the loser is eliminated.
|Contestant||Occupation / background|
20, Montreal, Quebec
|Junior Scientist Power Hour webcomic artist|
22, Tempe, Arizona
|Wanderlust Kid webcomic artist|
|Amy T. Falcone
24, Noank, Connecticut
|citation needed webcomic artist|
29, Portland, Oregon
31, Burbank, California
|Skadi webcomic artist|
27, Carmel, Indiana
26, Portland, Oregon
31, Brooklyn, New York
|Sci-ənce webcomic artist|
22, Northbrook, Illinois
|Phuzzy Comics webcomic artist|
30, Walnut Creek, California
|Mynt Condition Comics webcomic artist|
31, Mesa, Arizona
|Artist, Thunder Skull Press|
25, Portsmouth, Ohio
|The Secret Life of a Journal Comic webcomic artist|
- The artist won the grand prize.
- The artist won a competitive challenge and nominated two others for elimination.
- The artist won a social challenge.
- The artist was explicitly mentioned as finishing well in the challenge.
- The artist was explicitly mentioned as finishing poorly or losing the challenge.
- The artist won an elimination challenge.
- The artist lost an elimination challenge and was eliminated.
- The artist returned after having been eliminated.
- I Heard In calls it "surprisingly engaging". 
- Julius Ferraro of Philly.com says it "stands out" from other reality television shows by not having "inter-personal tension, back-biting, and fame-seeking posturing."