From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stroma may refer to:
- Stroma (animal tissue), the connective, functionally supportive framework of a biological cell, tissue, or organ
- Stroma of ovary, a soft tissue, well supplied with blood, consisting of spindle-shaped cells with a small amount of connective tissue
- Stroma of iris, fibres and cells in the iris
- Stroma of cornea, plates of collagen fibrils in the cornea
- Lymph node stromal cell, cells which provide a scaffold for other lymph node cells
- Stroma (fluid), the fluid in between grana, where carbohydrate-formation reactions occur in the chloroplasts of plant cells photosynthesizing
- Stroma (mycology), the dense structural tissue that produces fruiting bodies; made of non-vegetative (asexual) hyphae
- Stromal cell, a connective tissue cell of any organ, supports the function of the parenchymal cells of that organ
- Stroma, Scotland, an uninhabited island off the northern coast of Scotland
- Freddie Stroma (1987-), a British actor known for playing Cormac McLaggen in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.