Strong (Robbie Williams song)
|Single by Robbie Williams|
|from the album I've Been Expecting You|
|Released||15 March 1999|
|Format||CD single, cassette|
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock|
|Length||4:39 (album version)
4:19 (radio edit)
|Producer(s)||Guy Chambers, Steve Power|
|Robbie Williams singles chronology|
"Strong" is a song by Robbie Williams, released as the third single from his 1998 album, I've Been Expecting You in early 1999. The song managed to break into the top five in the United Kingdom. The B-side is the live version of "Let Me Entertain You" recorded at the 1999 Brit Awards, the performance was included on the single in the enhanced section.
During his live performance at Knebworth, Williams and the crowd all sang "Strong" in an attempt to break the biggest number of people doing karaoke world record.
The video is a compilation of on-tour footage, including many live performances, Williams with his nephew, Williams on stage with his dad, and Williams goofing off.
The song became Williams' seventh top five single in the United Kingdom when it was released in March 1999, the track also managed to break inside the top ten in New Zealand, but it did not make a bigger impact around Europe.
- "Strong" – 4:39
- "Let Me Entertain You" (live at the Brits 1999) – 4:44
- "Happy Song" – 2:53
- "Let Me Entertain You" (live at the Brits 1999 – enhanced video)
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||68|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||55|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||9|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||4|
- "Lescharts.com – Robbie Williams – Strong" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Chartverfulgong > Robbie Williams > Strong – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Irish Singles Chart – Robbie Williams – Strong". IRMA. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Robbie Williams – Strong" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Robbie Williams – Strong". Top 40 Singles.
- "March 1999/ Archive Chart: 27 March 1999" UK Singles Chart.