|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Kiss|
|Released||July 1974 (US)|
|Recorded||1973 at Bell Sound Studios, New York City|
|Genre||Hard rock, glam rock|
|Label||Casablanca/Warner Bros. (US)NB-9001|
|Writer(s)||Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley|
|Producer(s)||Kenny Kerner, Richie Wise|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Strutter" is one of the few Kiss songs written by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley together: Stanley wrote lyrics to a song for which Simmons had originally written music, called "Stanley the Parrot". Stanley's lyrics show some of his Bob Dylan influences. The original Kiss drummer, Peter Criss, has said that "Strutter" is his favorite Kiss song.
- The Donnas' version is used in Detroit Rock City.
- A cover version is used in Guitar Hero II.
- It is used most notably in the popular video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, on the in-game classic rock radio station K-DST.
- A live version of this song is downloadable content for Rock Band 3.
- Jackie Fox performed the song for her audition as The Runaways bass guitar player.
"Strutter" has appeared on following Kiss albums:
- Kiss - studio version
- Alive! - live version
- The Originals - studio version
- Double Platinum - re-recorded version titled "Strutter '78"
- Smashes, Thrashes & Hits - edited studio version
- Greatest Kiss - studio version
- The Box Set - demo version
- The Very Best of Kiss - studio version
- Kiss Symphony: Alive IV - live version
- The Best of Kiss: The Millennium Collection - studio version
- Gold - studio version
- Kiss Chronicles: 3 Classic Albums - studio version
- Kiss Alive! 1975–2000 - Alive! version
- Kiss Alive 35 - live version
- Ikons - studio version
- Paul Stanley - rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Gene Simmons - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Peter Criss - drums, backing vocals
- Ace Frehley - lead guitar
- Stanley, Paul. The KISS Box Set liner notes, The Island Def Jam Music Group, 2001. ISBN 0-446-53073-5
- Leaf, David and Ken Sharp. KISS: Behind the Mask: The Official Authorized Biography, Warner Books, 2003. ISBN 0-446-53073-5