Stuart Bailey (born 1973) is a graphic designer and co-editor of Dot Dot Dot with David Reinfurt (earlier together with Peter Bilak). He has lived and worked in Amsterdam and is now based in New York. 
According to online resource Typotheque , Bailey was born in York, UK in 1973 and studied typography and graphic communication at the University of Reading.  Bailey was one of the first participants to study at the Werkplaats Typografie (typographic workshop) in Arnhem, a postgraduate program headed by designer Karel Martens.
In a 2006 interview with Speak Up , Bailey explained: "I suspect what I’m really against is what that term “graphic design” has come to represent, i.e. synonymous with business cards, logos, identities and advertising, and, again simply put, those are things I’m just not interested in. To me that idea of “graphic design” is as far removed from my interests as being a milkman or a lawyer. In fact, I’d rather be a milkman." This led to a protest by Dick Smith, leader of the Association of Milkmen of North Yorkshire, who was quoted in the York Evening News as saying ‘Bailey’s words bring disrespect upon our noble industry’.
Books written or edited by Stuart Bailey
- Stuart Bailey & Ryan Gander: Appendix Appendix, by Stuart Bailey, Ryan Gander and Christoph Keller, 2007, JRP Ringier/Christoph Keller Editions. (ISBN 978-3-905770-19-3)
- In Alphabetical Order: File Under: Graphic Design, Schools, or Werkplaats Typografie, by Paul Elliman, Anthony Froshaug, Melle Hammer, Robin Kinross, Norman Potter and Stuart Bailey (editor), 2003, NAi Publishers. (ISBN 978-90-5662-272-5)
Articles by Stuart Bailey
- Re: The Serving Library Fillip #10. Conversation between Dexter Sinister and curator Eric Fredericksen Full text online
- Chance: Notes by Stuart Bailey, Emigre, No. 47, edited by Rudy VanderLans, Summer 1998, pp. 24–31.
- Incubation of a Workshop, Emigre, No. 48, edited by Rudy VanderLans, Fall 1998, pp. 41–47.
- Archis Magazine: A perverse assembly of borrowed layouts redefines a magazine, Eye, No. 45, Vol. 12, Autumn 2002, pp. 48–53. 
- László Moholy-Nagy - II: The Gesamtwerker, TATE ETC., Issue 6, Spring 2006. Full text online
- Book review of Bruce Mau: Life Style.
- Book review of Wolfgang Weingart: Typography
- Book reviews of Merz to Emigre and Beyond by Steven Heller and Graphic Design for the 21st Century by Charlotte and Peter Fiell.
- Speak Up interview with Bailey by Jon Sueda from February 21, 2006.
- NAi Publishers online description of In Alphabetical Order
- Lecture by Stuart Bailey at the MACBA on MP3
- Interview with Stuart Bailey at Ràdio Web MACBA