Stuart Hill (author)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2012)|
June 4, 1958
Leicester, United Kingdom
|Relative(s)||Kathleen Hill (Sister)|
Stuart Hill (born 1958) is a British author. He was born in Leicester, where he still lives. He has written four books in The Icemark Chronicles: The Cry of the Icemark, Blade of Fire, Last Battle of the Icemark and Prince Of The Icemark. He studied English, Classics and Ancient History at Newcastle University.
Stuart Hill worked at a car factory for 6 years before going back to college to get his teaching degree. After teaching for several years, his life led him to create books that would have an impact in the twenty-first century. Stuart began writing the Icemark series and when his book was accepted for publication by Chicken House, he dedicated his time to writing the rest of the series. In 2005, The Cry of the Icemark, the first book in the series, was published and copyrighted.
His love of words came when he was only seven years old. Stuart saw and began to play with words because they gave him an interest that others might have considered insane. Stuart, who is a keen reader of ghost stories and an avid fan of M. R. James, an Edwardian master of the genre, has written several collections of his own. Stuart Hill is also an artist, who sells his work at art fairs in Leicester and the surrounding areas in England.
On 25 July 2011, Stuart released a new book on Kindle. Tales From Moonshiny Hall, a collection of ghost stories, was published under the name S. R. Hill.
In September 2014 Stuart is releasing his first non-fiction book called Richard III's Court (I Was There!)
Stuart has written a book called "Sorceress" about post-Roman Britain and the struggle between the indigenous Celts and the invading Germanic tribes (Anglo-Saxons). It will be an Arthurian tale with a twist. Merlin and Arthur will not be portrayed as the good guys but as baddies. The book is currently in limbo as the whether it will ever be released
He is also working on a self-publishing project called "Black Dog".
- The Cry of the Icemark (2005)
- Blade of Fire (2007)
- Last Battle of the Icemark (2008)
- Tales From Moonshiny Hall (2011)
- Prince Of The Icemark (2013)
- Richard III's Court (I Was There!) (2014)
- Sorceress (TBA)
- Stuart Hill - Author
- http://www.bookbrowse.com/biographies/index.cfm?author_number=1142 bio at bookbrowse.com
- http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SA=Hill%2C%20Stuart.&PID=Js8qD-FBZNY_5tkEKum5-2WRfv0&BROWSE=1&HC=6&SID=1 Library of Congress listing
- Novel synopses, cover art, and reviews at FantasyLiterature.net
- 2010 Interview with Stuart Hill
- Stuart Hill at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database