Stuart Little: The Animated Series
|Stuart Little: The Animated Series|
|Also known as||Stuart Little|
|Written by||Rick Wilkie|
|Directed by||Melody Fox|
|Narrated by||David Kaufman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Location(s)||New York City|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Red Wagon Entertainment
Sony Pictures Television
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television Distribution|
|Original channel||HBO Family|
|Original run||March 1, 2003– September 24, 2003|
|Preceded by||Stuart Little
Stuart Little 2
|Followed by||Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild|
Stuart Little: The Animated Series (also known simply as Stuart Little) is an American animated television series, loosely based on the E. B. White children's book Stuart Little and more based on the live action movie adaptations. It was produced by Red Wagon Productions and Sony Pictures Television for the HBO Family digital cable television channel, and aired for just one 13-episode season in 2003.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
- David Kaufman as Stuart Little
- Myles Jeffrey as George Little
- Quinton Flynn as Snowbell
- Hugh Laurie as Frederick Little
- Jennifer Hale as Eleanor Little / Martha Little
- André Sogliuzzo as Monty
- Matt Kaminsky as Rick Ruckus
- Kathy Najimy as Margalo
- Mark Hamill as Falcon
- Jeff Bennett as Crows
- Michael J. Fox, Nathan Lane, Steve Zahn, Geena Davis, Jonathan Lipnicki, and others do not reprise their roles as Stuart, Snowbell, Monty, Eleanor Little, and other characters from the movies and are replaced by David Kaufman, Kevin Schon (in some episodes by Quinton Flynn), André Sogliuzzo, Jennifer Hale, and Myles Jeffrey. Kaufman had previously voiced another Michael J. Fox character named Marty McFly in Back to the Future: The Animated Series. It was also rumored that Carlos Alazraqui was Monty's new voice. Hugh Laurie was the only returning cast member from the films.
- Stuart Little (voiced by David Kaufman) is Mr. and Mrs. Little's second son and the middle child. Stuart also narrates the show's episodes, which all begin with Stuart in computer animation (like in the movie series) on a shelf with his red car and a family portrait.
- George Little (voiced by Myles Jeffrey) is Mr. and Mrs. Little's first-born son and the eldest child. George likes to help in Stuart's adventures.
- Snowbell (voiced by Quinton Flynn) is the Littles' pet Persian cat who helps Stuart in his adventures, along with George.
- Frederick Little (voiced by Hugh Laurie) is Eleanor's husband the father of George, Stuart, and Martha.
- Eleanor Little (voiced by Jennifer Hale) is Frederick's wife and the mother of George, Stuart, and Martha.
- Martha Little (voiced by Jennifer Hale) is Mr. and Mrs. Little's only daughter and the youngest child. She is now able to walk and talks a bit gibberish sometimes.
- Monty (voiced by André Sogliuzzo) is Snowbell's old friend who still wants to eat Stuart, though he does help him with his missions at times.
- Rick Ruckus (voiced by Matt Kaminsky) is George's friend at school.
- Margalo (voiced by Kathy Najimy) is Stuart's love interest who flies south every winter. She sometimes stops by to visit the Littles.
- Falcon (voiced by Mark Hamill) is Stuart's longtime enemy, Falcon hires some crows to work for him in the same episode.
- The crows (voiced by Jeff Bennett) are Falcon's new recruits who help him in his quest to destroy Stuart and his friends.
|1||"The Meatloaf Bandit"||March 1, 2003|
|Meat loaves have been disappearing all over town lately. Stuart and George think that a "Meat Loaf Bandit" is on the loose. They buy a dog to hape protect their house and they set up traps.|
|2||"A Model Driver"||March 8, 2003|
|After Mr. and Mrs.Little think they make a complex with george because they let Stuart do all kinds of fun stuff but not him. So George decides to make a car that he can fit in so he can ride it just like how Stuart can with his cars.|
|3||"Team Little"||March 15, 2003|
|George and Stuart sign up their family for a school picnic. When they get there they meet a family which Stuart and George thinks they cheat. Stuart and George try to have fun but don't because they keep on losing.|
|4||"He Said, He Said"||March 22, 2003|
|When Stuart crashes the car in a race, George thinks his friend Will sabotaged it.|
|5||"The Great Outdoors"||March 29, 2003|
|The Little family go on a camping trip. While they are there they were going to go on a hike to the top of a mountain that was there. Two raccoons learn that they have food so they sneek into their backpacks and take all of their hiking equipment. It is now up to Stuart and George to find the way back to camp so they can go home.|
|6||"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Taco Tuesday"||April 26, 2003|
|After getting rid of Taco Tuesday and replacing it with fish tacos George gives Stuart the idea to run for class president. Stuart decides to run and do things to help him get his vote. He bakes cookies and passes out fliers. Stuart cleans up the school playground and makes the mascot better. He also makes a pettition to get Taco Tuesday back instead of having to eat those fish tacos no one likes. Will he be able to bring back Taco Tuesday and will he also be chosen as class president?|
|7||"A Little Big Record"||August 13, 2003|
|During rainy day Stuart and George are bored and decide to read a book. The book is called Big Bob's Big Book of world records. They try to get into the book but discover that it is actually more difficult than George and Stuart had thought it would be.|
|8||"Skateboard Dogz"||August 20, 2003|
|Stuart and George become obsessed with skateboarding and join a skate group. All of the skateboarding gets them behind in their schoolwork. The whole group enters a skate contest and have a chance to have their picture on a skate magazine.|
|9||"Adventures in Housekeeping"||August 27, 2003|
|When Mrs. Little gets sick, it falls on George and Stuart to help Mr. Little with the housework.|
|10||"A Little Too Fast"||September 3, 2003|
|The Little family go to the county fair. Stuart and George want to go on every ride before they have to go home. This means they have to do everything extra fast which can take out some of the fun. Trying to go on all the rides as fast as possible makes them tired. Will they be able to get to go on all of the rides before they leave?|
|11||"No Job is Too Little"||September 10, 2003|
|Stuart and George try to find odd jobs to earn enough money to buy Mrs. Little a birthday gift.|
|12||"A Little Bit Country"||September 17, 2003|
|While visiting their Uncle Crenshaw on his new farm, Stuart and George encounter Stuart's nemesis, Falcon.|
|13||"A Little Vacation"||September 24, 2003|
|The Little family goes on a vacation and stay at a hotel where they are supposed to meet their Uncle Crenshaw there. Stuart and George fear that the hotel is haunted.|
VHS and DVD releases
Two DVDs were released on March 22, 2007. Each contained 3 episodes of Stuart Little: The Animated Series. In April 2009, two more DVDs were released.
|VHS name||Release Date||Number of Episodes|
|Volume 1||September 2, 2003||3|
|Volume 2||January 20, 2004||3|
|Volume 3||May 25, 2004||3|
|DVD name||Release Date||Number of Episodes|
|All Revved Up!||May 22, 2007||3|
|Fun Around Every Curve!||May 22, 2007||3|
|A Little Family Fun!||April 21, 2009||3|
|Going For The Gold!||April 21, 2009||4|
- Official website
- Stuart Little: The Animated Series at the Internet Movie Database
- Stuart Little: The Animated Series at TV.com