Stuart Turner (born December 27, 1991) is an American professional baseball player. A catcher, Turner plays in minor league baseball for the Minnesota Twins organization.
Turner is from Eunice, Louisiana. After he attended Eunice High School, he enrolled at Louisiana State University at Eunice. He transferred to the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), where he played college baseball for the Ole Miss Rebels baseball team. In 2013, he won a Gold Glove Award from the American Baseball Coaches Association and the Johnny Bench Award, given annually to best catcher in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I.
The Minnesota Twins selected Turner in the third round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. They invited him to spring training in 2014.
- ^ "Turner set to play for LSUE team". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. August 25, 2009. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- ^ Mississippi. "Baseball: Ole Miss catcher Stuart Turner named ABCA Gold Glove winner | gulflive.com". Blog.gulflive.com. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- ^ "Ole Miss catcher Stuart Turner wins 2013 Johnny Bench Award - KWCH". Articles.kwch.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- ^ "2013 MLB draft: Ole Miss catcher Stuart Turner goes to Twins in third round | gulflive.com". Blog.gulflive.com. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- ^ Berardinomberardino, Mike. "Twins' spring invitees: Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano, Alex Meyer". TwinCities.com. Retrieved January 10, 2014.