Stuck Like Glue
|"Stuck Like Glue"|
|Single by Sugarland|
|from the album The Incredible Machine|
|Released||July 26, 2010
(see release history)
|Format||Airplay, music download|
|Genre||Country, country pop|
|Length||4:07 (Album/Single Version)
3:26 (Radio Edit)
|Sugarland singles chronology|
"Stuck Like Glue" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music duo Sugarland. It was released July 26, 2010 as the first single from their album The Incredible Machine, released October 19, 2010. "Stuck Like Glue" debuted at #44 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of August 7, 2010, and debuted at #20 on Billboard Hot 100 the following week. It went on to sell 2,629,000 digital copies by May 2013. The song was written by Jennifer Nettles, Kristian Bush, Kevin Griffin and Shy Carter.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song an "A" rating, and said "I could write a few paragraphs about why I love this song, but what’s the point...All I have to say about “Stuck Like Glue” is this: Listening to it makes me very happy."
The music video was released on August 6 on VEVO. The video portrays an alternate interpretation of the lyrics. The video opens with the narrator, driving up to the house of her ex-lover (played by Ryan McPartlin), whom she obviously stalks. Her ex-lover ends up calling the police, and she gets arrested, and appears in a mugshot room with other criminals. After being released, she goes to the house of the ex-lover, and kidnaps him by putting a sack over his head and driving him to a warehouse with many pictures & paintings of him there. She drugs him, and proceeds to feed him a cake with his face on it. At the end, she takes his phone and sees an incoming call from "Kim" (actress Brooke Hutton), who is shown to be an attractive young woman on picture caller ID, and the video ends as she punches him for it.
"Stuck Like Glue" debuted at No. 44 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of August 7, 2010. One week later, it debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 20. It also debuted at No. 53 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of August 14, 2010. It became the 11th most downloaded country music song of all time by April 2011, and it was the best-selling song by a country duo until it was surpassed by Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise" in April 2013.
Charts and certifications
|July 26, 2010||United States|
|January 31, 2011||United Kingdom|
|June 25, 2011||Netherlands|
- "CMT : News : Sugarland Announce New Single, The Incredible Machine Album Release". CMT. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- Paul Grein (May 8, 2013). "Week Ending May 5, 2013. Songs: Macklemore Pulls A Gaga". Yahoo Music (Chart Watch). Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "Stuck Like Glue sheet music". Musicnotes.com. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Richardson, Gayle (2 August 2010). "Sugarland Defend Their Musical 'Breakdown'". The Boot. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Boldt, Blake. "Sugarland – "Stuck Like Glue"". the9513.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Coyne, Kevin. "Sugarland – "Stuck Like Glue"". countryuniverse.net. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Pietroluongo, Silvio (5 August 2010). "Eminem and Rihanna Lie 'Still' Atop Hot 100". Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Grein, Paul (2011-04-07). "Chart Watch Extra: Lady A Makes Country History | Chart Watch - Yahoo! Music". New.music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- Paul Grein (April 17, 2013). "Week Ending April 14, 2013. Songs: PSY Gallops Back". Yahoo Music (Chart Watch). Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Official UK Singles Top 100 - 26th November 2011". Official Charts. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Sugarland Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Sugarland. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "February 2011/ Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "Sugarland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Sugarland. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "Sugarland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Sugarland. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- "Sugarland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Pop Songs for Sugarland. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "Sugarland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Sugarland. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Sugarland – Stuck Like Glue". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "Year End Charts - Year-end Albums - Top Country Albums". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.