Students' Association of the University of Adelaide
The Students' Association of the University of Adelaide (SAUA) was a student representative body that existed at the University of Adelaide from 1973 until 2007. It was one of a number of student organisations that was affiliated to and funded by the Adelaide University Union through the government sanctioned 'Union Fee'. Prior to 1973, an SRC had represented student interests at the University. Former Presidents of the SRC include John Bannon, Gordon Bilney and Julia Gillard.
The SAUA had representative members on many of the University's committees, gave comment in the media and made submissions to government inquiries about issues that affected students and young people in general. It also regularly ran events and awareness campaigns.
The SAUA held annual elections to elect students to its various office-bearer positions as well as positions on the governing council. Notable past Presidents include Natasha Stott Despoja, Sarah Hanson-Young, Stephen Mullighan and Christopher Pyne as Vice-President. Other notable past members include Anne McEwen, Andrew Southcott, David Penberthy and Annabel Crabb.
- SAUA President + SAUA Council (8 Elected Members + SAUA Office Bearers)
- Education Department – Education Officer + Education Standing Committee
- Women’s Department - Women’s Officer + Women’s Standing Committee
- Activities and Campaigns Department – Activities Officer + Activities Standing Committee
- Sexuality Department – Male Sexuality Officer, Female Sexuality Officer+ Sexuality standing Committee
- Environment Department – Environment Officer + Environment Standing Committee
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Department + ATSI Officer + ATSI Standing Committee.
- SRC President
- General Secretary
- Education Officer
- Welfare Officer
- Women's Officer
- Queer Officer
- Disability Officer
- Social Justice Officer
- International Officer
- Postgraduate Officer
- Rural Officer
- Mature Age Officer
- Ethnocultural Officer
- Environment Officer
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander (ATSI) Officer
- Eight General Councillor positions
- AUU President (Ex Officio)
- Adelaide University Union - Student Site