|Presented by||Steve Paikin and Paula Todd|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of episodes||unknown|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||1994 – June 2006|
|[Studio2 official website Website]|
Studio 2 was a daily (weeknights) current affairs newsmagazine on TVOntario in Ontario, Canada. The show won several Gemini Awards, and was hosted by Steve Paikin and Paula Todd (who replaced original co-host Mary Hynes in the show's third season), and first aired in 1994. TVOntario announced the program's termination on June 29, 2006. The final episode aired on June 30, and was replaced that fall with a new series hosted by Paikin, The Agenda.
Rather than a newscast style, Studio 2 tackled certain current news stories affecting many Canadians with a focus often on Ontario. Regular topics on the show included healthcare, federal politics, provincial politics, terrorism, foreign affairs, the environment, the arts and many others.
The show usually performed a deep analysis, often with open discussions among experts or even interviewing specific figures involved in the issues. Also included were arts and current affairs documentary segments, live performance, and in-depth personal interviews.
Foreign affairs panel/Diplomatic Immunity
- Janice Stein, University of Toronto professor
- Richard Gwyn, newspaper columnist for the Toronto Star
- Patrick Martin, newspaper columnist and comment editor of the Globe and Mail
- Eric Margolis, previous guest, newspaper columnist for the Toronto Sun
- Janet Ecker, former Ontario Progressive Conservative Party cabinet minister
- Dave Cooke, former Ontario New Democratic Party cabinet minister
- Sean Conway, former Ontario Liberal Party cabinet minister
- Mac Penny, previous guest, Ontario Progressive Conservative who ran in 2003 provincial election
- Richard Mahoney, previous guest, federal Liberal party member and lawyer who ran for the federal Liberal Party in the 2004 election
- Ruth Grier, previous guest, former Ontario NDP cabinet minister
- Susanna Kelley
- Robert Fisher, broadcast journalist
National affairs panel
- Gilles Paquet, a professor at the University of Ottawa
- John Ibbitson, a political affairs columnist for the Globe and Mail.
- Susan Riley, columnist for the Ottawa Citizen
- Paul Wells, previous guest, a columnist for Maclean's
- Susan Murray, previous guest
- Edward Greenspon, previous guest
- Stephen Brunt, lead sports columnist for the Globe and Mail since 1989
- Mary Ormsby, associate sports editor for the Toronto Star.