Studio One (recording studio)
Studio One was a recording studio, located in the northern Atlanta, Georgia suburb of Doraville. The address was 3864 Oakcliff Industrial Court, Doraville Ga 30340. It is now occupied by a non related business and used as a warehouse.
The studio was constructed and designed in 1970 by audio engineer Rodney Mills, with the support of music publisher Bill Lowery and future Atlanta Rhythm Section manager Buddy Buie. The studio output included a diverse range of recordings by Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe South, Atlanta Rhythm Section, .38 Special and Outlaws. Singer Ronnie Hammond also started his career at the studio, originally employed as an assistant audio engineer.
The Atlanta Rhythm Section was formed from session musicians used at Studio One and utilised the facilities extensively for rehearsals.
Studio One closed in 1989.
Albums recorded at Studio One
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (1972) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Elf (1972) - Elf (Ronnie James Dio)
- (pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd) (1973) – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Back Up Against the Wall (1973) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Second Helping (1973) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Third Annual Pipe Dream (1974) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Nuthin' Fancy (1975) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Dog Days (1975) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Red Tape (1976) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- A Rock and Roll Alternative (1976) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Moonlight Feels Right (1976) - Starbuck
- Street Survivors (1977) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Stillwater (1977) - Stillwater
- Champagne Jam (1978) - Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Super Jam 1 (1978) - Southern Rock All-Stars
- Blackbird (1979) - Mose Jones
- I Reserve the Right! (1979) - Stillwater
- Rockin' into the Night (1979) - .38 Special
- Play It As It Lays (1979) - Alicia Bridges
- Wild-Eyed Southern Boys (1981) - .38 Special
- Running Free (1981, not released until 1997) - Stillwater
- Tour de Force (1983) - .38 Special
- [The Atlanta Rhythm Section History http://www.atlantarhythmsection.com/arsStory01.htm]
- [Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan08/articles/classictracks_0108.htm]
First Offense (1982) - The John Lee Walker Band In The Know (1980) - Jake Sandborn Brace Yourself (1982) - Road Dogs