Studio Universal (Latin America)
September, 1997 (as Hallmark Channel)
|Owned by||Universal Networks International (NBCUniversal)
(distributed by Fox Latin American Channels)
Brazil: Universal Networks International (50%), Globosat (Organizações Globo, 50%)
(distributed by Globosat)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Spanish: El canal de películas, de los que hacen películas
Portuguese: O canal de filmes, dos produtores de filmes
("The movie channel, from those who make movies")
|Formerly called||Hallmark Channel Latin America (1997-2010)|
|Sister channel(s)||Universal Channel
CNBC Latin America
MSNBC Latin America
It is owned by Universal Networks International, a division of NBCUniversal, and was launched in Latin America in September, 1997. It mostly airs American movies and films and some series. It broadcasts in four feeds, Brasil, Mexico, Argentina and Latam. From its launch until January 31, 2010 the channel was named Hallmark Channel. It was renamed Studio Universal on February 1, 2010. The channel airs mainly movies and is a sister channel to Universal Channel in the region.
The Brazilian feed of the channel, as well as its sister network, Syfy, are operated since mid-July 2012, by the joint venture between Universal Networks International and Organizações Globo-owned Globosat which already operated the Brazilian version of Universal Channel.
- Mexican feed. Aired in Mexico.
- Argentine feed. Aired in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.
- Brazilian feed. Aired in Brazil, operated by a joint venture between NBCU and Globosat and distributed by the latter.
- Latam feed. Aired in the rest of Latin America.
- Fairly Legal
- Nurse Jackie
- The Good Wife (not seen in Brazil, where it's seen on Universal Channel)
- Monk (repeats)
- es:Hallmark Channel
- "NBCUniversal International and Globosat announce new agreement". todotvnews. Retrieved 12 June 2012.