Style (2006 film)
|Directed by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Produced by||Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar|
V. Prabhakar (dialogues)
|Screenplay by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Story by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
Style is a Telugu film produced by Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar on Larsco Entertainment banner, directed by Raghava Lawrence. Starring Prabhu Deva, Raghava Lawrence, Raja, Kamalinee Mukherjee, Charmme Kaur in lead roles, Chiranjeevi & Nagarjuna Akkineni given cameo appearance and music is composed by Mani Sharma. This is Lawrence's second directorial venture after the blockbuster Mass with Nagarjuna Akkineni. The film recorded as 'Super Hit' at box-office. Raghava Lawrence won Filmfare Award for Best Dance Choreographer - South
Ganesh (Prabhu Deva) is a good dancer. He beats Anthony in one dance competition to head into international arena. Anthony gets Ganesh beaten up, and Ganesh loses his legs in a car accident. He is depressed, but he wants to give his dance talent to someone and make him his heir.
On a different line, Raghava (Raghava Lawrence) works as a boy at a dance school in Vizag. He and four of his friends are good dancers, but they are never recognized until one folk dance at a hotel. Ganesh finds his prospective heir in Raghava. The rest of the film is how Raghava prepares and defeats Anthony in the final dance competition.
- Chiranjeevi as himself (cameo)
- Nagarjuna Akkineni as Mass (cameo)
- Prabhu Deva as Ganesh
- Raghava Lawrence as Raghava
- Raja as Raja
- Suman as Anchor (cameo)
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam
- Bhanu Chander as Raghava's father
- Sameer as Sameer
- Nasimharaju as Doctor
- PD Raju
- Rama Rao as Basha
- Sanjay Rayuchuri
- Srinivas Vajpai
- Surya (Ping Pong)
- Farhad Shahnawaz as Master (dance instructor)
- Jayasudha as Raghava's mother
- Kamalinee Mukherjee as Priya
- Charmy Kaur as Shruti
- Navaneet Kaur as in item song
- Kovai Sarala
- Anand Bharathi
|Film score by Mani Sharma|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
The music was composed by Mani Sharma. All songs are hit tracks. Music released on MADHURA Entertainment Music Company.
|1.||"Style Style"||Madhu||Ravi Varma||4:39|
|3.||"Rock & Roll"||Vishwa||KK||4:32|
|4.||"Thadava Thadavaku"||Chinni Charan||Karthik, Mahalakshmi Iyer||3:29|
|7.||"Raa Raa"||Chinni Charan||Shankar Mahadevan||5:16|
- Director: Raghava Lawrence
- Screenplay: Raghava Lawrence
- Story: Raghava Lawrence
- Dialogue: Kulasekhar
- Producer: Mani Kanta Y
- Music: Mani Sharma
- Cinematography: Kabir Lal
- Editor: Marthand K. Venkatesh
- Art director: Ashok
- Choreography: Raghava Lawrence
- Hip-hop dancer: Shashikanth
Production and release
- Style was the highest budgeted dance-musical in India at the time of its release.
- It was the first south Indian film to be shot with Super 35 camera.
- Style was the first south Indian film to be color corrected.
- The producers, Sirisha and Sridhar Lagadapati, were approached by a distributor from a territory for Style. Since they were not eager to do business with him, it is said that they tried to dissuade him by quoting a then-exorbitant price for the movie. To their surprise, he immediately agreed and bought Style for his territory. The distributor thanks them even today since it was the only movie in a long time that had brought him profits.
- This film was dubbed in Tamil with the title Lakshyam.
Box office performance
The film had a 100-day run in 30 centres.