Styled to Rock (U.S. TV series)
|Styled to Rock|
|Based on||Styled to Rock (UK)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||October 25, 2013– present|
Styled to Rock is an American reality competition television series, executive produced by Barbadian recording artist Rihanna which focuses on fashion design. The contestants compete with each other to create the best outfit for one or more famous music acts every week. They are restricted in time and materials. Their designs are judged and the music act of the week chooses his favorite one. One designer is eliminated each week.
The series was originally scheduled to debut on November 5, 2013, on the now defunct Style Network. However two weeks before its September 23, 2013 debut, the Esquire Network was announced as taking over Style's channel space, rather than G4 as originally planned. It was announced on September 30, 2013, that the series would premiere October 25, 2013, on Bravo.
Similar to Project Runway, the series is also looking for new designers to create fashion for A-list celebrities in the world. Supported by their mentors, the candidates who were chosen as well as the mentors all by Rihanna personally, fight in a weekly battle for the final. Weekly the candidates design outfits for one ore more music celebrities. Normally the celebrities select the winners outfit by themselves. So every week there is a winner, but also two candidates who have to assert themselves in conversation again, until finally the worst of the week will be suspended. In the final, the two best designers fight to win the $100,000 cash prize, a fashion feature in Glamour magazine and the chance to become the next member of Rihanna's design team.
On May 15, 2013, it was announced that American singer and fashion designer Pharrell Williams would serve as one of the mentors on the series. Five days later on May 20, 2013, it was revealed that American model Erin Wasson joined the series as another mentor. Mel Ottenberg was announced as the third and final mentor on May 29, 2013.
|Name||Age1||Hometown||Place of Residence||Results|
|Keenan Zeno||27||New Orleans, Louisiana||Atlanta, Georgia||14th|
|Adriana Diaz||22||Fontana, California||Riverside, California||13th|
|Jordan Crowson||32||Conway, Arkansas||Conway, Arkansas||12th|
|Ebony White||36||Hot Springs, Arkansas||New York, New York||11th|
|Kristie Metcalf||33||Salt Lake City, Utah||Seattle, Washington||10th|
|Laura Thapthimkuna||28||Panton, Vermont||Chicago, Illinois||9th|
|Cecilia Aragon||30||San Francisco, California||San Francisco, California||8th|
|Andre Soriano||42||San Diego, California||San Diego, California||7th|
|Adam Christoffel||30||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Brooklyn, New York||6th|
|Dexter Simmons||29||Oakland, California||Oakland, California||5th|
|Ahni Radvanyi||27||Xenia, Ohio||Venice, Los Angeles||4th|
|Autumn Kietponglert||33||Ocean City, New Jersey||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||3rd|
|Laura Petrielli-Pulice||35||Park Ridge, Illinois||Chicago, Illinois||2nd|
|Sergio Hudson||29||Ridgeway, South Carolina||Ridgeway, South Carolina||1st|
^Note 1 : Age at the time of filming.
- Gold background and WINNER means the designer won Styled to Rock.
- Silver background and RUNNER-UP means the designer was the runner-up on Styled to Rock.
- Blue background and WIN means the designer won that challenge.
- Turquoise background and HIGH means the designer was in the top looks for that challenge.
- Tan background and SAFE means the designer was safe from elimination, but wasn't one of the top looks.
- Orange background and BTM2 means the designer was in the bottom two (or more), but was not eliminated.
- Red background and ELIM means the designer lost and was eliminated of the competition.
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Rock It for Rihanna"||October 25, 2013||0.47|
|2||"Kylie Minogue's Look of the Future"||November 1, 2013||0.24|
|3||"Kelly Osbourne Rocks the Red Carpet"||November 8, 2013||0.39|
|4||"Miley's Sexy Night Out"||November 15, 2013||0.43|
|5||"Carly Rae's Off-Duty Glamour"||November 22, 2013||0.32|
|6||"Lighting Up Nervo"||November 27, 2013||0.46|
|7||"Rocking the Stage For the Band Perry"||December 6, 2013||0.33|
|8||"Hollywood Glam For Khloe"||December 13, 2013||0.28|
|9||"Big Sean & Naya Rivera in the Spotlight"||December 20, 2013||0.28|
|10||"Rihanna on the Runway"||December 27, 2013||0.40|
- Bibel, Sara (September 30, 2013). "'Styled to Rock' With Executive Producer Rihanna & Celebrity Mentor Pharrell Williams to Premiere on Friday, October 25". TV by the Numbeers (Press release).
- "Style Media Joins Forces with Multi-Grammy Winner Rihanna to Search for the Next Fashion Design Superstar on "Styled to Rock"". thefutoncritic. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 22, 2013). "Style Media Reveals the 12 Contestants Vying to be America's Next Trendsetting Designer on 'Styled to Rock'". TV by the Numbers.
- Rose, Lacey (September 9, 2013). "NBCU Switch-Up: Esquire Network to Take Over Style, Not G4 (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Prudom, Laura (December 6, 2012). "'Styled To Rock': Rihanna And Style Network Team For Reality Fashion Competition". Huffposttv. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (December 5, 2012). "Rihanna gets a fashion-design competition show, 'Styled to Rock'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 15, 2013). "Pharrell Williams Joins Rihanna's 'Styled to Rock'". TV by the Numbers.
- Ng, Philiana (May 15, 2013). "Pharrell Williams Joins Rihanna's 'Styled to Rock' Competition Series". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ng, Philiana (May 20, 2013). "Rihanna's 'Styled to Rock' Adds Model Erin Wasson as Mentor". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Style Media Names Mel Ottenberg -- Renowned Stylist to Rihanna -- As a Mentor on New Fashion Competition Series "Styled to Rock"". The Futon Critic. May 29, 2013.
- van Kempen, Simon (October 26, 2013). "Styled To Rock — Season 1 Ratings".