Stza of Leftover Crack @ MTC, Cologne 08/18/06
|Birth name||Scott Sturgeon|
|Also known as||Stz Fucking Hipster, Stza Crack
Osama Stiz Laden
Ol' Dirty Stza
Stza Fucking Hipster, Sturgeon F. Hipster
|Born||March 4, 1976|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, harmonica, keyboard|
|Associated acts||Choking Victim
Crack Rock Steady Seven
Star Fucking Hipsters
Scott Sturgeon, also known as Stza Crack (// STIZ-ə; born March 4, 1976), is a musician who has fronted several ska-punk bands in the New York City area, the best known being Choking Victim and Leftöver Crack. The stage name Stza is a tribute to the Wu-Tang Clan, in which the members would take their stage names from the Supreme Alphabet of the Five Percent Nation, such as GZA (God ZigZagZig Allah) and RZA (Ruler ZigZagZig Allah).
Stza was raised in New York by his mother, who he classified as an "over-protective Jewish mom". He rarely saw his biological father, and his stepfather committed suicide. As a teenager, he dropped out of high school, ran away from home and began riding freight trains. Since the age of 16, Stza has been arrested several times, mainly for shoplifting. In 1990, Stza and a friend of his, Alec Baillie, formed No Commercial Value, which later evolved into Choking Victim and then again into Leftöver Crack. Although many members of these bands have come and gone, Stza remained a constant figure, writing the vast majority of the lyrics and music and becoming the bands' self-appointed spokesperson. Stza played live in Choking Victim, the original incarnation of Leftöver Crack. Stza is also associated with the band Morning Glory through Leftover Crack member, Ezra Kire. In 2005, he collaborated with Mischief Brew on a song for their first full-length album, Smash The Windows.
In 2005, he played solo (doing acoustic shows) and in a new band, Crack Rock Steady Seven, featuring members of The Infested in Europe. 2006 saw him in Mexico City forming another regional Crack Rocksteady Seven, the CRS7mx featuring members of Niño Zombi. In the fall of 2006 he returned to the United States and toured with Leftöver Crack, their tour with Citizen Fish was dubbed Cracktoberfest 2006. Most recently Stza has been involved in the creation of another punk/ska band, this time with members of Casa de Chihuahua, The Slackers, and The Degenerics (Nico do Gaillo, Ara Babajian and Frank Piegaro respectively) called "Star Fucking Hipsters". Star Fucking Hipsters' debut album was released September 30, 2008 on the Fat Wreck Chords label. They now have another album out, titled "Never Rest In Peace". It was released on October 20, 2009 on the Alternative Tentacles label. Their new album, titled "From the Dumpster to the Grave" was released on October 11, 2011 on Fat Wreck Chords during a record release show at Europa in Brooklyn, New York.
- With Choking Victim
- No Gods, No Managers - (1999)
- With Leftover Crack
- With Star Fucking Hipsters
- Rock the 40 Oz. - (May 8, 2000)
- Shoot the Kids at School - (2000)
- Rock the 40 Oz: Reloaded - (July 16, 2004)
- Baby Jesus Sliced Up in the Manger (as the Crack Rock Steady 7, with F-Minus), HellBent Records, 2001.
- Leftover Crack / Citizen Fish Split 7" (with Citizen Fish), Fat Wreck Chords, 2006.
- Deadline (split album) (with Citizen Fish), Fat Wreck Chords, March 6, 2007. (LP on Alternative Tentacles Records)
- Give 'Em the Boot II, (Crack City Rockers[Demo]) Hellcat Records, 1999.
- Punk Rawk Explosion 6, (Nazi White Trash), ?, 2003.
- Give 'Em the Boot III, (Atheist Anthem) Hellcat Records, 2002.
- Go Kart vs. the Corporate Giant Vol. 3, (Rock The 40oz) Go Kart Records, 2002.
- 2003 Sampler, (So Ya Wanna Be A Cop) A-F Records, 2003.
- Fueling the Flames of Revolution Vol. 3, (One Dead Cop) A-F Records, 2003.
- Against Police Injustice,(Operation:MOVE, Super Tuesday[Demo]) Non Commercial, 2003.
- Mass Destruction, (Muppet N.A.M.B.L.A) BANKSHOT! Records, 2003.
- Riot Ska, (Drug Song, Nobody Is Free) Beer Records, 2004.
- The Kids Are Gonna Pay (Look Who's Talking Now) with F-Minus, Morning Glory, Bent Outta Shape, Blacknoise Records, 2006.
- Sexy Babies Across the Wasteland (Guest Vocals with Last False Hope) – 2012, Sexy Baby Records.
- 2002: Straight Outta' Naples
- 2001: Live C-Squat 3/31/01
- 2008: live at the stage @ Arnhem, Holland
- 2004: Fuck World Trade (demo)
- 2007: Loren Cass (Gotham Award nomination)
- 2012: "Couple More Things While I Have You There Now",Chewing On Tinfoil, 2013
- Racket Magazine - Leftover Crack interview
- Lin, Tao - Thought Catalog - Interviews- Leftover Crack
- Butler, Roya - The Punk Site - Interviews - Leftover Crack
- Better Propaganda - Leftover Crack interview
- Butler, Roya - Allschools Network Germany - Choking Victim
- Rockzone: Interviews: Leftover Crack
- Star F*cking Hipsters on Facebook
- Rag Magazine - Leftover Crack interview
- LoC Myspace
- Star Fucking Hipsters Myspace
- STZA Live At Punk Island, 2011
- Lengthy interview with Stza, 2011