The Subaru R1e is a battery-electric microcar undergoing development and testing. The car was jointly developed with Tokyo Electric Power, the giant Japanese utility company. Currently 10 prototypes have been built and are undergoing testing by Tokyo Electric Power, which plans to eventually operate 3,000 of the vehicles starting in 2008. The vehicle has a range of 50 miles (80 km) and a top speed of 62 mph (100 km/h).
The prototype is a two-door, two seat vehicle based upon the Subaru R1 gasoline vehicle. This vehicle has received intense interest from electric vehicle fans owing to its modern battery technology, appropriate size, and potential performance attributes. It also has the same grille as the 1st generation Subaru Tribeca.
The car uses a lithium-ion battery which was developed in cooperation with NEC and can be recharged to 80% capacity in eight minutes using a special rapid charger, or to 100% charge in eight hours on a standard 100 V plug. Battery life is at least 10 years or 144,000-plus miles (240,000 km). Tokyo Electric Power company plans on producing 150 fast-charge stations.
- Laminated lithium-ion batteries
- 240 VAC conductive charging
- It is a two-seater.
- "Subaru R1e Electric Switch Debut in Geneva". Worldcarfans.com. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "subaru-r1e-electric-car". Greencarsite.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Subaru News | | Subaru wins top environmental commendation". Easier.com. 2007-01-11. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Erin Riches (2008-08-08). "Subaru G4e Concept - 2007 Tokyo Auto Show". Edmunds.com. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Subaru R1e.|
|« previous — Subaru, a division of Fuji Heavy Industries, vehicle timeline, 1990s–present|
|Microvan||Sambar / Domingo||Sambar||Dias Wagon|
|Subcompact||Justy I||Justy II||Justy III||Justy IV||Trezia|
|Compact||Leone III||Leone IV||Leone V|
|Impreza I||Impreza II||Impreza III||Impreza IV|
|Mid-size||Legacy II||Legacy III||Legacy IV||Legacy V||Legacy VI|
|Sports coupé||Alcyone XT||Alcyone SVX||BRZ|
|Outback I||Outback II||Outback III||Outback IV||Outback V|
|Bighorn||Bighorn||Forester I||Forester II||Forester III|