|Born||New Delhi India|
|Occupation||film director, film producer, screenwriter|
Subhash Kapoor is an Indian film director, producer and screenwriter. He was political journalist, and later became known for directing the satirical comical dramas like Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010) and Jolly LLB (2013).
After completing his MA degree in Hindi literature, Kapoor started his career as a political journalist in Delhi in the 1990s covering North India, thereafter when his short film got him acclaim in 2001, he started making commercial short films, documentaries and ad films, eventually shifting base to Mumbai in 2006.
In 2007, Kapoor made his feature film directorial debut with Say Salaam India. The film failed at the box office, In 2010, he directed his second venture, a satire Phas Gaye Re Obama, which featured many comedians. The film managed to do well in India, and received critical acclaim as well as commercial success. Due to the surprise success of the film, Kapoor began writing his next project. In 2013, it was announced that Kapoor's next project is titled Jolly LLB and features Arshad Warsi, Amrita Rao and Boman Irani. It is a courtroom drama with an comical touch. The film was released on 15 March 2013.
On 1 March 2013, it was also announced that Subhash Kapoor has been roped in to direct the third Munnabhai film with Vidhu Vinod Chopra as the producer. The film is currently under the title of Munnabhai Chale Delhi, and is expected to go on floors late 2013 hopefully.
In February 2014, Actress Geetika Tyagi uploaded a video on YouTube in which she was seen slapping the Director. She also leveled Molestation Charges on him. She later clarified that it was the case of Subhash Kapoor forcing himself on her and dragging her during a party held over a year ago.
- Say Salaam India (2007) ... Released
- Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010) ... Released
- Jolly LLB (2013) ... Released
- Guddu Rangeela (2014) ... Announced
- Munnabhai Chale Delhi ... Announced
- "Bach Gaye Re Kapoor: Now that Phas Gaye Re Obama (PGRO) is a certified hit, here’s a profile of its multitasking maker – Subhash Kapoor". Mumbai Miroor. 2010-12-17.
- "Indian courtrooms seriously funny: Subhash Kapoor". February 15, 2013. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "Unwind with Obama". The Hindu. December 3, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "Phas Gaye Re Obama's a comedy out of anger". The Times of India. Feb 3, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "The A-Team". Indian Express. Dec 15, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "Obama Rocks". Dec 7, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "High court refuses to stay release of Jolly LLB". NDTV Movies. 6 Mar 2013.
- "Watch Video: Actress Geetika Tyagi slapping Director Subhash Kapoor". Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Jolly LLB Director Subhash Kapoor accused of Molestation". Indian Express. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Geetika Tyagi says that Slap Incident wasn’t a Casting Couch Case". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 21 February 2014.