||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
Subodh Sarkar at the Kolkata Book Fair 2014.
Subodh Sarkar (Bengali: সুবোধ সরকার) (born 1958, Krishnanagar) is a Bengali poet, writer and editor, and a reader in English literature at City College, Kolkata. He is a recipient of the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award.
His first book of poems was published in the late 1970s, and now he has 26 books to his credit – 20 of poems, two of translations and one travelogue on America. His poems have been translated into English, French and several Indian languages and published in several journals and anthologies. Sarkar is the editor of Bhashanagar, a Bangla culture magazine with occasional English issues. In 2010 he was appointed as the guest editor of Indian Literature, the flagship journal of Sahitya Akademi. He married Mallika Sengupta who was also a poet.
Awards and honours
- Shakti Chattopadhyay Binodan Vichitra Puroskar (1997)
- Bangla Academy|Bangla Akademi Anita-Sunil Basu Puroskar from Pashchimbanga Bangla Akademy (2000)
- Sahitya Akademi Award (2013) for Dwaipayan Hrader Dhare
List of publications
Books of poems:
- Kabita 78–80, Krishnanagar, 1980
- Riksha Mesh Katha, Krishnanagar, 1983
- Eka Narakgami, Kolkata, Prativas, 1988
- Maronottar Jal, Shatabdir Mukha, Kakdwip, 1990
- Maruvumir Golap, Amritalok, Medinipur, 1991
- Chandradosh Oshudhe Sarena, Prativas, Kolkata, 1991
- Adai Hat Manush, Boipara, Kolkata, 1993
- Chihh, Kalkata, Ananda Publishers, 1993, ISBN 81-7215-246-9
- Rajneeti korben Na, Kolkata, Prativas, 1997
- Dhanyabad Marichika Sen, Kolkata, Katha O Kahini, 1997
- Sab Rasta Rome-e Jae Na, Patralekha, Kolkata, 2001
- Bhalo Jaygata Kothae, Kolkata, Ananda Publishers, 2001,ISBN 81-7215-916-1
- Jerujalem Theke Medinipur, Srishti, Kolkata, 2001
- Kallu, Kolkata, Ananda Publishers, 2003
- Krittikae Sonnet Cangaroo, Saptarshi Prakashan, Kolkata, 2003
- Shrestha Kabita, Kolkata, Deys Publication, 2004
- Ami Karo Andhakar Noi, Kolkata, Prativas, 2004
- Manipurer Ma, Kolkata, Ananda Publishers, 2005, ISBN 81-7756-485-4
- Boma Bananor Class, Saptarshi Prakashan, Kolkata, 2006
- Ja Upanishad Tai Koran, Ananda Publishers, 2006
- Pratibader Kabita, Deep Prakashan, Kolkata, 2007
- Prem O Pipegun, Aajkaal Prakashani, 2008
Book of poems in English translation:
- Route Map 25, Bhashanagar, Kolkata.2004
Book of translation:
- Biswa Kabita, Prativas, Kolkata, 199
- Deshta America, Vostok, Kolkata, 1993
Books co-authored with Mallika Sengupta:
- Sohag Sharbari, Abhiman, Howrah, 1985
- Prem O Pratibader Kabita, Kolkata, Vikash Grantha Bhavan, 2001
- Subodh Mallika Square, Kolkata, Vikash Grantha Bhavan, 2006
- "Subodh Sarkar profile". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Hobart Student Association; Hobart College; William Smith College; William Smith Student Association (1988). The Seneca review. Hobart Student Association. pp. 81–82. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Poets dominate Sahitya Akademi Awards 2013". Sahitya Akademi. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|