Suburban Noize Records
|Suburban Noize Records|
|Distributor(s)||Capitol Records (1997-2002) , RED Distribution (2003-2012), Fontana Distribution (2012-present)|
|Genre||Punk rock, hip hop, Reggae, Ska Punk|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
|Official website||Suburban Noize Records|
Suburban Noize Records, also known as "Subnoize", is an independent record label based in Burbank, California that specializes in punk rock and underground hip hop. The label was founded in 1997 by Kottonmouth Kings vocalist Brad Xavier and Kevin Zinger.
Formed in 1997 by Kottonmouth Kings’ frontman Brad “Daddy X” and their manager, Kevin Zinger, Suburban Noize Records started as a grassroots movement that allowed underground artists to develop without the pressure of the major label world. After a series of independent releases the label finally secured national distribution in 2004 and quickly developed into the independent powerhouse it is today. Suburban Noize currently markets and distributes over 20 acts including Saigon, Glasses Malone, Unwritten Law, Swollen Members, Slaine from La Coka Nostra and (Hed)p.e.   
A majority of the label's merchandise and album sales are via the Internet and merchandising booths at live performances. The label heavily relies on word of mouth and underground promotion techniques, and albums by many of its acts, including Kottonmouth Kings, are very successful in spite of not being advertised by mainstream media.
|Kottonmouth Kings||1997||Composed of Daddy X, Lou Dog, D-Loc, DJ Bobby B, and The Dirtball, the band describes its music style as "psychedelic hip-hop punk rock". In 2006, Kottonmouth Kings headlined at the year's Cannabis Cup and was named "Band of the Year" by High Times. Daddy X was a cofounder and owner of Suburban Noize Records.|
|Big B||1999||American solo rapper. Formerly of 187 and OPM respectively.|
|Tsunami Brothers||2003||A group fronted by DJ Bobby B and DJ Shakey Bonez (D-Loc) and assisted by Doug Carrion and Lou Dog|
|Kingspade||2004||D-Loc and Johnny Richter of the Kottonmouth Kings|
|The Dirtball||2005||An American rapper from Crook County, Oregon and current member of the Kottonmouth Kings.|
|Hed PE||2006||Formed by rapper Jared Gomes in 1994, Hed PE performs a style of music which it refers to as "G-punk", a fusion of punk rock and hip hop. The band was formerly signed to Jive Records, with a different line-up.|
|Potluck||2006||American hip hop group from Humboldt County, California.|
|DGAF||2008||American hip hop group consisting of Chucky Styles and Gillies.|
|Swollen Members||2009||Canadian hip hop group composed of Madchild (MC), Prevail (MC), and Rob The Viking (DJ) signed in collaboration with Battleaxe Records, a label formed by group member Madchild.|
|Saigon||2010||American rapper from Brownsville, Brooklyn. Previously signed to Atlantic Records.|
|Slaine||2010||American rapper from Boston, Massachusetts.|
|X-Pistols||2010||American punk rock band consisting of Daddy X, The Dirtball (of Kottonmouth Kings), TNT, Joey Glock and Colt Clayton (of D.I.).|
|Madchild||2011||Canadian solo rapper as well as being co-founder of the Canadian hip hop group Swollen Members.|
|Glasses Malone||2011||American rapper from Watts, California. His albums are released as a collaboration between Suburban Noize, Blu Division Music, Hoo-Bangin' Records, Cash Money Records, and Universal Republic Records.|
|Jeffry Nothing||2011||An American heavy metal singer from Cleveland, Ohio, Jeffry Nothing is best known as the vocalist of Mushroomhead.|
|Prevail||2011||Canadian solo rapper as well as being co-founder of the Canadian hip hop group Swollen Members|
|Death by Stereo||2012||An American band currently signed to Viking Funeral Records and Subnoize.|
|Cool Nutz||2012||An American rapper from Portland, Oregon.|
|Artist||Year(s) signed||Albums released on Suburban Noize||Notes|
|Corporate Avenger||1998—2001||4||Currently signed to Massive Sound Records.|
|Pakelika||2003-2010||2||Died August 12th, 2012.|
|Disfunction-ILL||2004||1||Rap Duo Pakelika and Grand Vanacular|
|La Coka Nostra||2008-2012||1||Currently signed to Uncle Howie Records/Fat Beats.|
|Danny Diablo||2007||1||Currently signed to Hellcat Records.|
|Phunk Junkeez||2003–2007||1||Currently signed to Dmaft Records|
|OPM||2006–2010||3||Currently signed to MNO Records|
|Barry and the Penetrators||2009||1|
|Unwritten Law||2008-2013||4||Note "Blue Room" was a re-release|
- Rosen, Craig (March 19, 2011). "15 Years Of Noize". Billboard;3/19/2011, Vol. 123 Issue 9. p. 35. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Navarre Corporation Signs Exclusive Distribution Agreement With Suburban Noize Records". PR Newswire - New York. 2004-03-08.
- "Suburban Noize Celebrates 15 Years In Business With Anniversary Party March 30th In Orange County Featuring Performances By Kottonmouth Kings, Authority Zero, Glasses Malone, Slaine, Big B, Saint Dog, Potluck and More". MVRemix. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "SUBURBAN NOIZE RECORDS Celebrates 15 Years with Anniversary Party March 30th in Orange County, CA". Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "15 Year Party Recap". KottonmouthKings.com. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Ankeny, Jason. "Biography for Kottonmouth Kings". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Kottonmouth Kings biography". Suburban Noize Records. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- Scire, Dawn (2003-03-14). "(hed) p.e.'s frontman touches down.". Sarasota, Florida: Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- "Teaser for "JADA'S WICKED SIDE, PINKETT SMITH HAS A CONVINCING METAL SCREAM BAND COULD UPDATE SOUND"". Akron Beacon Journal (OH). 2006-03-05. p. E3 LIFE STYLE. Retrieved 2012-03-24.