||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (May 2012)|
|Founded||California (2001 )|
|Founder||Lars Dalgaard, Aaron Au|
|Headquarters||South San Francisco, California, USA|
Number of employees
SuccessFactors is an American multinational company headquartered in South San Francisco, California, providing cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a service (SaaS) model.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 by Lars Dalgaard. In November 2007, the company went public on the NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol SFSF. On April 6, 2011 SuccessFactors announced plans to move to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NYSE Euronext, and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse), becoming the first triple listed technology company. In July 2011, SuccessFactors successfully completed the move to the NYSE (press release), NYSE Euronext (press release), and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse)(press release). It has its services translated into 32 languages and currently has more than 6,000 customers with over 32 million users in 60 industries in over 185 countries.
On October 17, 2010, SuccessFactors announced its acquisition of YouCalc, a Denmark based SaaS service. on October 18, 2010, SuccessFactors launched the first ever Calculator in the Cloud technology. The calculator in the cloud allows business users to do analysis of real-time data for insight and predictions.
Acquisition by SAP America
On Dec 3, 2011, [SAP AG] and SuccessFactors, Inc. announced that SAP's subsidiary, SAP America, Inc., has entered into a definitive merger agreement with SuccessFactors to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of SuccessFactors. It was also announced that SuccessFactors will remain independent and be named "SuccessFactors, an SAP company".  The acquisition was completed on February 16, 2012.
On Dec 6, 2011, SuccessFactors Inc., the software company that SAP AG is buying for $3.4 billion, announced the purchase of closely held Jobs2Web Inc. for $110 million in cash. Minnesota-based Jobs2web is expected to be a part of SuccessFactors before the SAP acquisition is complete. SAP spokesman, commented SuccessFactors is still a separate company and it has the prerogative to make deals until the SAP acquisition closes.
In September 2009, SuccessFactors announced a shift in strategy, inventing the "business execution software" (BizX) niche. InformationWeek wrote:
SuccessFactors has been successful in its own little niche, as a provider of software-as-a-service for employee-performance management. But like other successful SaaS providers, the company has decided that the best path to continued strong growth is to expand beyond its niche.
SuccessFactors' Human Capital Management solutions are based on Management by objectives principles. The acquisition of SuccessFactors by SAP on Dec 2011 added SuccessFactors' technology expertise to SAP's cloud assets. The alleged goal of the combination of SAP and SuccessFactors is to establish an advanced end-to-end offering of cloud and on-premise solutions for managing Human Capital Management processes.
As of October 2013 announcement SuccessFactors opened up its platform as part of the SAP Hana Cloud Platform to allow customers, partners and developers to extend deployments, build entirely new applications and enable new processes that meet their unique business needs atop the SuccessFactors framework and available through their own internal app store. Applications such as Accenture Audit & Compliance Tool and Enterprise Q&A by EnterpriseJungle were showcased during the 2014 Annual SAP Conference "Sapphire". 
Its global headquarters is in South San Francisco, California and it has the following regional divisions,
- United Kingdom and Ireland Region, (based in London.)
- Germany and Central Europe Region, (based in Munich.)
- France, Spain and Italy Region, (based in Paris.)
- Greater China Region, (based in Hong Kong.)
- Japan, (based in Tokyo.)
- http://www.successfactors.com/about/. Missing or empty
- "Success Factors Buys YouCalc - a Gem in the SaaS Wilderness". readwriteweb. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "SuccessFactors Launches First Ever Calculator in the Cloud to Solve Business Challenges". PR Newswire. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "SAP to Accelerate Cloud Strategy with Acquisition of SuccessFactors". Reuters. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 3 Dec 2011.
- "JP Morgan was SAP advisor in SuccessFactors buy". news.fidelity.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- Ricadela, Aaron (6 December 2011). "SAP Acquisition Target SuccessFactors Making Its Own Purchase". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "SuccessFactors, fresh off acquisition deal by SAP, buys its own company". mercurynews.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- Weier, Mary Hayes (10 September 2009). "SuccessFactors Spins Business Execution Suite". InformationWeek.com (InformationWeek). Retrieved 14 October 2009.