|SuccessTech Academy team fields questions
at the sixth annual Buckeye Regional Robotics Competition
|1440 Lakeside Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Cleveland Metropolitan School District|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Platinum|
SuccessTech Academy is an alternative public high school in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, United States. It is part of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. A grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation helped to establish the school, which opened to enrollment in the 2002-2003 school year.SuccessTech Academy offers a technology infused high school curriculum with a focus on problem and project based learning.
We, the learning family of SuccessTech Academy, will graduate self-directed problem solvers with clear personal, academic, and professional goals focused on responsible citizenship.
A school shooting occurred on October 10, 2007. A 14-year-old student, Asa Coon, shot two teens and two faculty members at the school. According to Cleveland Division of Police, the student fatally shot himself. The student was reportedly angered over a suspension given to him earlier in the week, and school authorities confirmed he was not supposed to be at school on that day. Police said that the student had entered the school with two guns, one in each hand, and began firing. According to law enforcement personnel the shootings took place on the third and fourth floor when at that time the lockdown announcement, "Code Blue" was made.
- SuccessTech Academy has top students
- "interactive Local Report Card (iLRC) School Building Questions: SuccessTech Academy". Ohio Department of Education. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- "Five Injured As Ohio School Student Goes On Shooting Spree". Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- 2006-2007 School Year Report Card
- 2007-2008 School Year Report Card
- 2008-2009 School Year Report Card
- 2009-2010 School Year Report Card
- 2010-2011 School Year Report Card
|This Cuyahoga County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|