|Suceava "Stefan cel Mare" Airport
Aeroportul Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare"
|IATA: SCV – ICAO: LRSV
|Operator||Suceava County Council|
|Elevation AMSL||1,375 ft / 419 m|
|Source: DAFIF, Passengers statistics, Movements|
Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare" Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare") (IATA: SCV, ICAO: LRSV) is an airport located in northeastern Romania, 12 km (7.5 mi) east of the municipality of Suceava, 30.5 km (19.0 mi) west of the municipality of Botoșani and close to the town of Salcea. It serves Suceava and Botoșani counties.
Ștefan cel Mare Airport opened in 1932 as Suceava Airport. Commercial services started in 1960, with TAROM. In 1963 the runway was paved. Services by TAROM were discontinued until 2001 but resumed in 2004. During this period, the airport was served only by Angel Airlines. In March 2005 airport was renamed "Ștefan cel Mare" after Stephen the Great and was opened to international traffic for the first time.
There are plans to extend the runway, to build a new control tower, and a new ILS system. The runway will be extended to 2,460 m (8,071 ft) and widened to 45 m (148 ft). The goal is to achieve a yearly passenger number of 125,000.
In August 2013, the construction works have begun. From January 15th, 2014, the airport will close to allow the runway works to begin. The current concrete runway will be completely removed, after which the new runway, made out of asphalt will be constructed. 
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,375 feet (419 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with a concrete surface measuring 1,800 by 30 metres (5,906 × 98 ft). The airport has six parking stands.
Airlines and destinations
|TAROM||Bucharest (ends 15 January 2014)|
Suceava Airport handled 25,143 passengers in 2012, which represents a decrease over the previous year.
There is a road linking the airport to DN29, the main road between Suceava and Botoșani. There are usually taxis from Suceava waiting at the airport upon a flight's arrival.
- Airport information for LRSV from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for SCV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Topul aeroporturilor din Romania in 2012 at timisoaraexpress.ro (Romanian)
- Suceava Airport Statistics at ziarulevenimentul.ro (Romanian)
- Lucrările la aeroportul Sucevei au demarat (Romanian)
-  (Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (Romanian)
- Traffic statistics for 2011 at obiectivdesuceava.ro (Romanian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suceava Airport.|
- Suceava Airport official site
- Location of Suceava Airport on Google Maps
- Current weather for LRSV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for SCV at Aviation Safety Network