|Suceava "Stefan cel Mare" Airport
Aeroportul Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare"
|Operator||Suceava County Council|
|Elevation AMSL||1,375 ft / 419 m|
Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare" Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Suceava "Ștefan cel Mare") (IATA: SCV, ICAO: LRSV) is an airport located in northeastern Romania, 12 km (7.5 mi) east of the municipality of Suceava, 30.5 km (19.0 mi) west of the municipality of Botoșani and close to the town of Salcea. It serves Suceava and Botoșani counties.
Ștefan cel Mare Airport opened in 1932 as Suceava Airport. Commercial services started in 1960, with TAROM. In 1963, the runway was paved. Services by TAROM were discontinued until 2001, but resumed in 2004. During this period, the airport was served only by Angel Airlines. In March 2005, the airport was renamed "Ștefan cel Mare" after Stephen the Great, and was opened to international traffic for the first time.
Suceava Airport handled 20,054 passengers in 2013, which represents a decrease over the previous year.
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,375 feet (419 m) above mean sea level. It used to have one runway, designated 16/34, with a concrete surface measuring 1,800 by 30 metres (5,906 ft × 98 ft), and six parking stands.
There are plans to extend the runway, to build a new control tower and a new ILS system. The runway will be extended to 2,460 m (8,071 ft) and widened to 45 m (148 ft). In August 2013, the construction works have begun.
On 15 January 2014, the airport closed in order to allow the runway works to continue. The current concrete runway will be completely removed, after which the new runway, made out of asphalt, will be constructed. 
Airlines and destinations
Flights to Bucharest by TAROM were suspended, on 12 January 2014, due to reconstruction works. In the past, there were also flights to Timișoara, offered by Carpatair, as well as services from Blue Air to Vienna and Rome-Fiumicino.
Flights to Bucharest are expected to resume in August 2015 with TAROM. Flights will be operated daily by an ATR42/72.
There is a road linking the airport to DN29, the main road between Suceava and Botoșani. There are usually taxis from Suceava waiting at the airport upon a flight's arrival.
- Airport information for LRSV from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for SCV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Suceava Airport in 2013 at newsair.ro (Romanian)
- Lucrările la aeroportul Sucevei au demarat (Romanian)
-  (Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (Romanian)
- Traffic statistics for 2011 at obiectivdesuceava.ro (Romanian)
- Topul aeroporturilor din Romania in 2012 at timisoaraexpress.ro (Romanian)
- Suceava Airport Statistics at ziarulevenimentul.ro (Romanian)
Media related to Suceava Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Current weather for LRSV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for SCV at Aviation Safety Network