|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|City of license||Labège (Haute-Garonne)|
|Frequency||99.9 MHz (Paris) (as Sud Radio+)
95.1 MHz (Marseille)
Full list of frequencies on SudRadio.fr
|First air date||18 September 1958|
|Format||Pop, Chansons, Talk|
|Former callsigns||Andorradio (1958-1961)
Radio des Vallées d'Andorre (1961-1966)
|Owner||Sud Radio Groupe|
|Sister stations||Ado FM
|Webcast||Sud Radio : Live
Sud Radio+ : Live
On 29 October 1951 is constituted ANDORRADIO S.A, owned 51% by Sofirad, with the aim to create a new radio station in Andorra, the station, eventually started broadcasting on 18 September 1958, as Andorradio
On 29 March 1961 an agreement was signed so that two stations are now authorized to transmit from Andorra. The French radio, previously called Radio des Vallées d'Andorre (Radio of the Valleys of Andorra) then becomes Sud Radio in 1966.
In March 1986, Sud Radio gets permission to transmit on the French FM band. The following year, the group Laboratoires Pierre Fabre take control of Sud Radio with on their sides regional investors. In turn, the radio takes a majority interest in 1990 to acquire one of the first local radios in France, previously held entirely by the professional football club Girondins de Bordeaux: Wit FM.
In 1994, Sud Radio expands its broadcasting area, now covering 22 departments in the south of France. Revenues of the group pass the 100 million French francs in 1995. In 1997, the program of Sud Radio is also broadcasting on the bouquet of Canal Satellite.
In November 2005, the group Laboratoires Pierre Fabre sells Sud Radio to the holding Sudporter owned by the group Start, based in Orléans. A new grid is launched the next year along with a new logo, a new format more Top-40 Pop and the slogan "Show & Info".
In 2008, Sud Radio moved its studios to Labège near Toulouse and has a permanent correspondent in Marseille. A transmitter allows additional coverage in Marseille-Aix-en-Provence and makes a potential audience of more than 1.3 million people.
In spring 2012, after finding out and admitting his failure in the field of the private radio station, Jean-Eric Valli decided to sell Sud Radio. In November 2012 exclusive negotiations with Marc Laufer (former CEO of NextRadioTV) are underway for the acquisition of the station, his project is to change Sud Radio's format to become an generalist economical news radio station, like BFM Business.
On 14 February 2013 however, Sud Radio Group announced that they ceased negotiations with Marc Laufer.
Identity of Sud Radio
- 1958 - 1970s : La plus haute station d'Europe !
- 1981 - 1986 : La radio des Sudistes
- 1986 - 1990 : La radio... C'est Sud, bien entendu !
- 1990 - 1996 : Sud Radio, l'air de la vie !
- 1996 - 1998 : Côté radio, on est tous Sud de cœur !
- 1998 - 1998 : On est Sud de cœur, et d'esprit !
- 1998 -[when?] : Écoutez pour voir !
- 2006 - 2010 : Show & Info
- 2010 - 2011 : La radio généraliste du Sud
- 2011 - 2012 : Ouvrez-la !
- Since end 2012 : L'esprit libre
This is a list with the current programming of Sud Radio sorted alphabetically:
- Brunch Média
- Brunch Politique
- Christine Bouillot et Jean-Louis Verger
- Guillet dans la mêlée
- Histoire des Suds
- Karim Hacène
- La grande matinée : Morning show from 6:30 until 10:00, from Monday till Friday hosted by Marc Leval.
- La grande matinée - Weekend: Morning show from 7:00 until 12:00, only on Saturday and Sunday and hosted by Alexis Thiébaut.
- Le 18-20 de Sud Radio : Radio show from 18:00 until 20:00, hosted by Christine Bouillot and Jean-Louis Vergé.
- Le Brunch Médias
- Le coeur au Sud
- Le magazine Rugby & Sports : Every Sunday the latest sports news about soccer, rugby, basketball etc., hosted by Jean-Louis Vergé.
- Le Duo des Non
- Leval sait tout
- Marc Leval
- Pascal Bataille
- Peggy Broche
- Sortie Sud
- Sud Radio, c'est vous
- Tube Story
- Zapping Sud
|1958 - 1961||1961 - 1966||2006 - present|
Sud Radio is broadcasting throughout 29 departments, which are in 7 regions which are Aquitaine, Auvergne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Limousin, Île-de-France (since August 2011, as Sud Radio+, as the station is not broadcasting geographically in the south of France), Midi-Pyrénées and the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur.
- RadioActu | Actualités Radio - Sud Radio une grille des programmes remodelée
- RadioActu | Actualités - Sudporters remporte la mise
- RadioActu.fr | Sud Radio - Marc Laufer a présenté son projet aux salariés et précise ses objectifs
- RadioActu.fr | Sud Radio - Marc Laufer confirme à RadioActu l'échec des négociations
- RadioActu.fr | Sud Radio - Ecoutez pour voir...