Sudbury Hill Harrow railway station
Location of Sudbury Hill Harrow in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Harrow|
|Managed by||Chiltern Railways|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Sudbury Hill |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1 March 1906||Opened as South Harrow|
|19 July 1926||Renamed Sudbury Hill Harrow|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
The station is served by Chiltern Railways trains from Marylebone towards High Wycombe and Birmingham Snow Hill, and is in Travelcard Zone 4. This station also has an Oyster card facility located at the entrance and exit. The station is situated between Northolt Park and Sudbury & Harrow Road stations.
On 20 November 1905 the Great Central Railway opened a new route for freight trains between Neasden Junction and Northolt Junction. Passenger services from Marylebone began on 1 March 1906, when three new stations were opened: Wembley Hill, Sudbury & Harrow Road and South Harrow. On 2 April 1906 these services were extended to Northolt Junction. On 19 July 1926 South Harrow station was renamed Sudbury Hill Harrow.
The service was reduced to peak hours only from 7 September 1964, due to a lack of demand. There was a temporary closure from 22 September 1990 to 7 October 1990. In November 2004, however, following concerted efforts by the London Transport Users Committee, an hourly off-peak service was also provided. The station is served by an hourly local service between London Marylebone and Gerrards Cross. The station is close to the Sudbury Hill tube station on the Piccadilly line.
Signage on eastbound platform, indicating proximity to Sudbury Hill tube station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Northolt Park||Chiltern Railways
|Sudbury & Harrow Road|
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-10-20.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt 1995, p. 215
- Dow 1965, p. 107
- Butt 1995, pp. 215,223
- Mitchell & Smith 2005, Figure XIV
- Mitchell & Smith 2005, Figure 64
- Butt 1995, p. 223
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Dow, George (1965). Great Central. Volume Three: Fay Sets the Pace 1900-1922. Shepperton: Ian Allan. ISBN 0-7110-0263-0.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (February 2005). Marylebone to Rickmansworth. Midland Main Lines. Midhurst: Middleton Press. ISBN 1-904474-49-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sudbury Hill Harrow railway station.|
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|