Sudbury Saturday Night
"Sudbury Saturday Night" is one of the most famous songs by Stompin' Tom Connors, which depicts the hard-drinking, hard-partying social life of hard rock miners in the Northern Ontario mining city of Sudbury.
The song's chorus is:
- Yeah, the girls are out to bingo
- And the boys are gettin' stinko
- And we'll think no more of Inco
- On a Sudbury Saturday night
Originally released on Connors' 1967 debut album The Northlands' Own Tom Connors, the song also reappeared on his 1972 album Bud the Spud, his live album Live at the Horseshoe, the compilations A Proud Canadian and 25 of the Best Stompin' Tom Souvenirs, and the 1995 rerelease of The Northlands' Own Tom Connors under the title Northlands Zone.
- Mitchell, Gillian (2007). The North American Folk Music Revival: Nation and Identity in the United States and Canada, 1945-1980. Ashgate Publishing. p. 158. ISBN 978-0-7546-5756-9.
- LeBlanc, Larry (1998-07-11). "New Discs Feature Vintage Pop". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media) 110 (28): 48. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
|This 1960s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|