Suder Greens, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Suder Greens
Neighbourhood
Suder Greens is located in Edmonton
Suder Greens
Suder Greens
Location of Suder Greens in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°31′23″N 113°40′52″W / 53.523°N 113.681°W / 53.523; -113.681
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 1
Sector[2] West
Area[3][4] Lewis Farms
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Linda Sloan
Area[6]
 • Total 1.05 km2 (0.41 sq mi)
Elevation 700 m (2,300 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 2,811
 • Density 2,677.1/km2 (6,934/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase21.4%
 • Dwellings 1,042

Suder Greens is a newer residential neighbourhood in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Development of the neighbourhood is comparatively recent. According to the 2005 municipal census, there were 269 occupied residences in the neighbourhood. Three out of four (75%) of these were single-family dwellings. The remaining one in four (25%) residences were apartment style condominiums in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Substantially all (97%) were owner occupied, with only 3% being rented.[8]

The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Winterburn Road and on the east by Anthony Henday Drive. It shares an irregular southern boundary with the neighbourhoods of Breckenridge Greens and Potter Greens. The Anthony Henday provides access to destinations to the south of the city including the Edmonton International Airport.

West Edmonton Mall is located a short distance to the east of the neighbourhood along 87 Avenue.

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Suder Greens had a population of 2,811 living in 1,042 dwellings,[7] a 21.4% change from its 2009 population of 2,316.[9] With a land area of 1.05 km2 (0.41 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 2,677.1 people/km2 in 2012.[7][6]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100". City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect". City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/SUDER%20GREENS.pdf
  9. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 

External links[edit]