Sudsy Malone's Rock 'n Roll Laundry & Bar
|Address||2626 Vine Street|
|Owned by||John Cioffi|
|Years active||1986 - 2008|
Sudsy Malone's Rock 'n Roll Laundry & Bar was a music venue in the Corryville neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, across the street from Bogart's near the University of Cincinnati. John Cioffi was the owner. Cioffi opened other clubs including Sudsys in Louisville. The site often showcased many indie music and punk music bands. As the name suggests, the bar also housed a laundromat. The site had difficulty staying in business over the years, closing and reopening its doors several times, finally closing for good in 2008.
In addition to the nightly shows by local and regional acts, many more established musicians and bands have played the site, including Over the Rhine, Rigor Mortis, Betty Blowtorch, Vains of Jenna, and many other up-and-coming bands of the punk/grunge/alternative music scene of the late 1980s and 1990's.
- Albert Pyle, "Saturday at Sudsy Malone's: A Lot of Noise, A Jug of Tide and Thou," Cincinnati Magazine, August 1987, pp. 40–41.
- Steven Rosen, "Sudsy Malone's: The Leader of the Laundromats," Cincinnati Enquirer, Sept. 28, 1986, pp. 28, 30.
- Winternitz, Felix; Bellman, Sacha DeVroomen. Insiders' Guide to Cincinnati. Globe Pequot. p. 74. ISBN 0762741805. Retrieved February 2013.
- Beacon Journal: Search Results (subscription required)
- Bogart's, Sudsy Malone's don't anticipate more safety measures (subscription required)
|This Cincinnati, Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a music performance venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|