|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2011)|
Sue Johnson is one of the main originators of Emotionally Focused Therapy or EFT. She is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa and at Alliant University in San Diego, California. She is also the Director of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) and of the Ottawa Couple and Family Institute (OCFI).
- Johnson, S.M. ( 2008) Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love. New York: Little Brown for more information on book click here
- Johnson, S.M. (2007). Practica de la Terapia Matrimonial Concentrada Emocionalmente: Creando Conexiones New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group - Spanish Edition.
- Johnson, S.M., Bradley, B., Furrow, J., Lee, A., Palmer, G., Tilley, D. & Woolley, S.(2005) Becoming an Emotionally Focused Therapist: The Workbook. New York: Brunner /Routledge.
- Johnson, S.M. (2002) Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy with Trauma Survivors: Strengthening Attachment Bonds. New York: Guilford Press.
- Johnson, S.M. (1996) (2004 -2nd edition). Creating Connection: The Practice of Emotionally Focused Marital Therapy. New York: Brunner/Mazel (now Brunner /Routledge).
- Saxe, B. J., Johnson, S.M. et al. (1994) From victim to survivor: A group treatment model for women survivors of incest. Government of Canada: Health Department. Distributed across Canada in French and English, pp. 1-188.
- Greenberg, L. & Johnson, S.M. (1988) Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples. New York: Guilford Press.
- Furrow, J., Johnson, S. & Bradley, B. (2011) The Emotionally Focused Casebook. New York:Brunner/Routledge.
- Johnson, S.M. & Whiffen, V. (Spring 2003) Attachment Processes in Couples and Families. New York: Guilford Press.
- Johnson, S.M. & Greenberg, L. S. (Eds.) (1994) The Heart of the Matter: Emotion in Marital Therapy. New York: Brunner/Mazel. Behavior Science Book Club Special Selection.
- Johnson, S.M. (2011). Emotionally Focused Therapy in Action (2-DVD series). Psychotherapy.net.
- Johnson, S. M. (2004). An Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (3-DVD series)
- Johnson, S.M. (1993). Training DVD #1: Healing broken bonds
- Johnson, S.M. (2002).Training DVD #2: Couples and Trauma
- Johnson, S.M. (2003) Training DVD #3: A Consultation in EFT - Shaping Change Events
- Johnson, S.M. (2003) Training DVD #4: Interventions in EFT
- Johnson, S.M. (2009) Training DVD # 5: Re-engaging Withdrawers
For more information on Dr. Johnson's DVDs see: http://www.iceeft.com/
Other Relevant Information
- Johnson, S.M. (2008). "My, How Couples Therapy Has Changed!: Attachment, Love and Science." Psychotherapy.net.
For more information on Book Chapters and Scientific Articles written by Dr. Johnson please visit http://www.iceeft.com
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Ottawa Couple and Family Institute (OCFI)
- Sue Johnson's book "Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love" Web Site.
- Audio Interview with Sue Johnson about the book "Hold Me Tight"
- An Interview with Sue Johnson on Psychotherapy.net