Sue Woolfe (born 15 November 1950) is an Australian author, teacher, scriptwriter, editor and documentary film-maker.
Woolfe was raised in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and completed tertiary studies at the University of Sydney and the University of New England. Her first novel, Painted Woman, was runner-up in the ABC Bicentennial Awards. Later she adapted the novel for stage and radio.
- Woolfe, Sue. About Literature.
- Woolfe, Sue (1975). Language in Literature. South Melbourne, Vic: Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-333-17558-3.
- Woolfe, Sue (1976). Briga. South Melbourne, Vic: Macmillan.
- Woolfe, Sue (1989). Painted Woman. North Sydney, NSW: Allen & Unwin.
- Kate Grenville and, Sue Woolfe (1993). Making Stories: How Ten Australian Novels were Written. North Sydney: Allen and Unwin. ISBN 978-1-86508-613-2.
- Woolfe, Sue (1996). Leaning Towards Infinity : how my mother's apron unfolds into my life. Boston: Faber & Faber.
- Woolfe, Sue (1999). Wild Minds: Stories Of Outsiders And Dreamers. Milsons Point, N.S.W. ; New York: Random House.
- Woolfe, Sue (2003). The Secret Cure. Sydney: Picador. ISBN 0-330-36436-7.
- Woolfe, Sue (2007). The Mystery of the Cleaning Lady: A Writer Looks Creativity and Neuroscience. University of Western Australia Press. ISBN 1-920694-96-X.
Awards and nominations