|Traded as||Euronext: SEV|
|Predecessor||Gaz de France
|Founded||22 July 2008|
|Gérard Mestrallet (Chairman), Jean-Louis Chaussade (CEO)|
|Products||Water treatment, waste management|
|Revenue||€13.87 billion (2010)|
|€1.221 billion (2010)|
|Profit||€565 million (2010)|
|Total assets||€25.93 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||€6.627 billion (end 2010)|
Number of employees
|79,550 (end 2010)|
Suez Environnement S.A. (Euronext: SEV) is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water treatment and waste management sectors. Formerly an operating division of Suez, the company was spun out as a stand-alone entity as part of the merger to form GDF Suez on 22 July 2008. GDF Suez remains the largest shareholder of the company with a 35% stake. Suez Environnement shares are listed on the Euronext exchanges in Paris and Brussels. The company has its head office in the 8th arrondissement of Paris.
Financial results in millions of euros:
|Current operating income||1,174||1,184||1,146||1,040||1,025||926||1,059|
|Net income (group share)||417||352||251||323||565||403||533|
The Suez Environnement 2014 financial results were released on 25 February 2015. Revenues were up almost 1,3% on the previous year. The net result Group share (profit) was reported at €417 million, EBITDA was recorded at €2,644 million, up 4.3% on the previous year.
The largest shareholder in Suez Environnement as of 31 December 2010 is GDF Suez with around 35.4%. Other major stakes are held by Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (7.1%), employees of the company (0.9%), Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (2.0%), Areva (1.4%), CNP Assurances (1.3%), and Sofina (0.8%). Some 52% of the shares are considered free float.
- "Annual Results 2010" (PDF). Suez Environnement. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- Maitre, Marie (22 July 2008). "Suez Environnement gushes on Paris market debut". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Legal notice." Suez Environnement. Retrieved on 7 July 2010.
- "2014 Full year results" (PDF). Retrieved http://www.suez-environnement.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SE_FY-2014_-VA-050315.pdf. Check date values in:
- "Capital structure". Suez Environnement. Retrieved 10 February 2011.