Sugar Creek Township, Clinton County, Illinois
|Sugar Creek Township|
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||36.57 sq mi (94.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.54 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.08%|
|Elevation||482 ft (147 m)|
|• Density||169.3/sq mi (65.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62216, 62230, 62245, 62293|
|GNIS feature ID||0429808|
Sugar Creek Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 6,184 and it contained 2,506 housing units. The township's name changed from Trenton Township on June 1, 1874.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.57 square miles (94.7 km2), of which 36.54 square miles (94.6 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Saint Francis, Saint Marys and Trenton.
- Sportsman Lake
- Wesclin Community Unit School District 3
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Sugar Creek Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||St. Jacob Township, Madison County||Helvetia Township, Madison County||Saint Rose Township|
|Lebanon Township, St. Clair County||Breese Township|
|Mascoutah Township, St. Clair County||Looking Glass Township||Germantown Township|